What's the oldest model year guitar you currently own? Oldest PRS?

My ‘96 CU22. Every prior non PRS is long gone. I tried buying a Les Paul about 20 years ago but it got returned for various reasons. Let’s just say it was lacking. Returned it in favor of a used SAS.

My currently owned oldest guitar is my project Fender Mustang - late 60's. Oldest PRS is my '91 Custom. Previously oldest PRS was my '89 cedar-top Custom. Sold that one in 02.

Nice ride 11top! I have a 14 That I've built. Full custom interior, paint, and Supercharged, 702RWHP!

m8QgBUU.jpg

X3MchBL.jpg

mJ5SkSj.jpg

zXDby5k.jpg

Z3R0xiE.jpg

My oldest is a 1980 Greco SA-1200 (1959 335 copy), then a Burny Les Paul copy from around 1987. My 'modern' guitars are a 2005 EJ Strat, 2007 fall ltd 814 Taylor and a 2010 PRS 53/10 limited.

Dude the Greco 335 copies were excellent. There are a few 70s examples for sale where I live. The cherry finish, greco stamped pickups, owners initials on the truss cover, trapeze tailpiece types. Beautiful guitars

Dude the Greco 335 copies were excellent. There are a few 70s examples for sale where I live. The cherry finish, greco stamped pickups, owners initials on the truss cover, trapeze tailpiece types. Beautiful guitars
They are excellent. The 1980/1981 SA-1200 super real (they only made that model for 2 years) is generally regarded as their pinnacle for 335 copies. And the dry-z pickups are in high demand. I paid as much for it 10 years ago as it would have cost me to get a Gibson 335.

Nice ride 11top! I have a 14 That I've built. Full custom interior, paint, and Supercharged, 702RWHP!

m8QgBUU.jpg

X3MchBL.jpg

mJ5SkSj.jpg

zXDby5k.jpg

Z3R0xiE.jpg

Very Nice!
I have a red car with a Corvette Motor - but not a Corvette.
The source of the "Goat" component of my user name, my 2006 GTO:

IMG_5649-L.jpg

IMG_5655-L.jpg

Basically stock, 6 speed manual, LS2.

I know a lot of people didn't like these, didn't think they looked "retro" enough, but I liked them from when they came out in 2004.

Mine is a weekend toy, I have a grandpa mobile daily driver - 2012 Hyundai Genesis sedan, very cushy and over 300hp from the V6, so plenty for a commuter car.

Very Nice!
I have a red car with a Corvette Motor - but not a Corvette.
The source of the "Goat" component of my user name, my 2006 GTO:

IMG_5649-L.jpg

IMG_5655-L.jpg

Basically stock, 6 speed manual, LS2.

I know a lot of people didn't like these, didn't think they looked "retro" enough, but I liked them from when they came out in 2004.

Mine is a weekend toy, I have a grandpa mobile daily driver - 2012 Hyundai Genesis sedan, very cushy and over 300hp from the V6, so plenty for a commuter car.
Pontiac forever! At least in my mind.

There is one of those Red GTO's right across the street from me. Unfortunately it has Hawaiian sun Cancer. If your anything car isn't covered out here, it loses it's clearcoat toot sweet... Me... I'm an old man, so last year, I bought a.......OMG a Buick. Granted it's the Encore cause I don't need a big car, and it's got spiffy styling, but did I mention..... it's a Buick??

Hell yeah!!! I bought my first Cadillac at 24. I wanted an STS, but couldn't pull it. Ended up with a Deville Concours instead. All my friends dogged me until we took a couple of road trips. I have never looked back!!! This is my 6th one - and while I did flirt with a CTS V for a year, I went back to the big sedan. Driving happiness, everyday!!

I had a CTS-V too! It was a beast....the axle hop was terrible when I flogged it. My dad drove Caddis forever...i bought the V just because he spotted it one day and told me about seeing it. One of the biggest smiles I ever saw on his face was when I pulled up in it...good times man! It's time to replace our hooptie with a stinkin car payment.:mad: that is gonna put my gear budget in a choke hold! Man, adulting blows! Yeah, so I think I'm just gonna quit doing that...o_O

Last edited:
Absolutely! I just stalk old people for their cars now.

Doooood! Me too, my wifes aunt (aka Satans sister) is like 79 and she has a pristine 99 Lincoln Town Car with like 14,000 miles on it! She hates me with a passion. So I always tell her that when she dies, I promise to drive it to her grave and pour a fourty out for her...it's funny cause she thinks I'm joking....not...that town car has got my name on it:cool: for real!

m8QgBUU.jpg

X3MchBL.jpg

mJ5SkSj.jpg

zXDby5k.jpg

Z3R0xiE.jpg

I think I just peed a little...you guys are killing me man! That thing is incredible Matt, Cars have always been my thing.. I had a 98 C5, loved it. I sold it last year mainly because there was no way to look cool, I literally had to fall in and roll out of it. It was a cruising blow to accept that harsh reality after my crash. My wife and I took it out one Saturday and she told me my mount and dismount needed professional help...shes mean...so I sold her Lexus like a month later...winning...

Congrats on that car Steve. You will love it. Thought you were a mo par guy berore. I have a new one too in Watkins Glen Grey. Wish we were in the same city.

Oh yeah, the original thread question. Getting old. My oldest guitar in hand is my '95 10th Ann. PRS. So guess that covers both question. The first and oldest guitar I ever personally bought was a 1962 Japanese Zenon new from a store in 1962, long gone now.

Not sure how I missed this thread. Cars and geetars rock!

Oldest...’56 Les Paul Junior. Yes, it sounds completely badassed.
lpjr.jpg

Oldest PRS is my first PRS, a 2001 Custom 24
cu24-2.jpg

As for cars, I recently went the opposite of 11Top and bought a boring commuter-mobile (new Accord) but still rock the Beast on nice days or weekends
pcar.jpg

Not sure how I missed this thread. Cars and geetars rock!

Oldest...’56 Les Paul Junior. Yes, it sounds completely badassed.
lpjr.jpg

Oldest PRS is my first PRS, a 2001 Custom 24
cu24-2.jpg

As for cars, I recently went the opposite of 11Top and bought a boring commuter-mobile (new Accord) but still rock the Beast on nice days or weekends
pcar.jpg

Love 993s - and the older air-cooled cars in general. Prices over here doubled almost overnight a few years back so the money I'd saved for a 993 ended up being 'invested' in some more guitars. I'd still love one if they ever return to more affordable levels.

Back