Whats makes crackwood addictive...for you

You don’t get to live as long as you have by going raw dog.

Haha!

I guess I should explain myself: Necks where the wood texture can be felt distract me while playing. There’s no right or wrong to this stuff; an instrument choice is 100% personal preference, right?

Anyway, all my guitars have gloss necks, and my keyboards have gloss keys.

There's a reason Brazilian Rosewood has been the wood of choice for guitar fingerboards for over 100 years, there's simply nothing better for warmth, feel, durability and tone.
Brazilian is beautiful, dark, hard and resists decay from humidity, sweat, natural skin oils and time. If given the choice, most would chose Brazilian over any other dark rosewood boards.
Many companies call wood rosewood when in fact it is something else. It's just musical.

It’s def a personal preference with no right or wrong. Heck if I hadn’t played a rosewood neck, I would have never known myself. I think it can be related to your body chemistry. After playing a bit, gloss necks tend to get sticky feeling. Which isn’t the case with me and the rosewood neck. I’ve also refinished two mahogany necks with an oil finish. Love it also. And I’ll know Sunday how the PRS satin finish holds up. :)

Back