What to expect from PRS Experience? Money?

ericatunc

Hi,

New to the board (I'm over on TGP, Z-Talk). I registered for the PRS 2013. I've seen some pictures and know that there are tours, clinics, seminars, etc. Can anyone go into more a little more detail as to what to expect. What time does it start/end on Friday and Saturday? Aside from hotel and food (food not included this year), what else could I expect to spend money on (besides guitars)? I think it's great that there is no cost to register or attend everything.

Thanks for any input.
-Eric

Let's see... there are shirts, books, beer, strings, picks, beer, charity games, amps, beer,guitar straps, and beer.

And if you still have money left over there are plenty of people who can help you spend it. :laugh:

Look forward to seeing you there. It's a blast.

You're going to want to bring a helmet. Style doesn't really matter (although the face guard on a football helmet does cut down on your vision a bit), the only important thing is that it has a chin strap and that you use said chin strap. This will cut down on the potential for chin and jaw injuries as you see things like David Grissom, Davy Knowles and Mike Ault playing together, or Tony McManus in the acoustic area, or the archives, or the dealer tables.

You're going to be tempted to go cheap on one of those party hats with the elastic chin strap - don't do it. It will snap, you'll get hurt, and the guys on both sides of you will be annoyed when the ends fly out and hit them.

Lots to see and hear - so give up on the idea of seeing it all. Factory tours are self-guided now, but talk to the employees as you go through. They're great people and will explain just about anything you want to know. Say hey to Shawn at the merch tent - that's about all he'll have time for because that place is usually buzzing. Do the private stock demos - staining wood, etc. It makes for a very cool souvenir. Spend time on the sales floor - it won't prevent GAS in the future, but it'll probably never be worse than that!

And come Saturday night, be prepared to start counting the days until Experience 2014.

What they said...especially the Dave/Davy/Mike Ault things are always examples in Great tone...mmmm...good!!! Plus the opportunity to hang with about 3000 people that all love the same thing...

Toll across the bridge is $6 now.
While there are food venders at the Experience, (Figure $8), I'd try some local seafood too, maybe Harris' Crab House. Figure $35 including tip.Aside from guitars/amps, I probably spend the most money at the Hopkins tent. I think it was 5 chances for $20. You win Tee Shirts, picks, hats or Raffle Tickets for a Guitar (which I never won!). Count on $40 minimum. Beer I think was $4 and wine $5.
Figure another $40 minimum. So 2 days, $12 tolls, $166 food and drink, $60 donations- ~$238...not including Private Stock Angelus Acoustic with Brazilian back and sides, trem, and \m/ bridge pickup.

The Hopkins tent is a fundraiser for the cancer center at Johns Hopkins Hospital. It is a wonderful cause, and my wife and I usually spend over $100 there. She won a guitar (put our son's name on the ticket) in 09. I have a lifetime supply of "513" ball caps, picks, playing cards, and keychains. I've met great people in line waiting to take their turn with the dice.

Absolutely, and who doesn't want a raffle ticket to win a geeee-tar!?!?...seriously great cause, and most of my money goes there, too!

Let's see... there are shirts, books, beer, strings, picks, beer, charity games, amps, beer,guitar straps, and beer.

And if you still have money left over there are plenty of people who can help you spend it. :laugh:

Look forward to seeing you there. It's a blast.

SUBSCRIBE

;-)

I'll be there getting drunk on PRS while trying desperately to hold on to what few dollars I have left in my wallet.

I started to buy a Wallet Chain until I realized it was part of the hipster uniform.

I'd rather lose my wallet again.

tumblr_me6unfNxcd1rhfmzpo1_500.jpg

I tell you what, I will gladly hold onto everyone's wallet for the whole weekend at no charge whatsoever.

Don't be surprised if I have several new NGD threads on Monday though. :laugh:

Back