What other hobbies do you have?

Family,Camping,Horseback riding,Cars,4 wheelers,Hunting
scan0001.jpg

camaro007.jpg

CollinandCarliesvacation079.jpg

DSCN3842.jpg

I'm not ready for grandkids. That would mean my daughters would have to... LA LA LA!!! I can't hear you!!! LA LA LA!!!

Y'know, they're every bit as horrified as the idea that you might do that!

Just sayin'...

I like to make wooden toys from time to time.

Here is a grasshopper I made for my boy last year
CrickettJuly4th2011010.jpg

and a ladybug I made for a friends baby girl about a year ago
WoodenladybugJuly2011019.jpg

and some cars I made a few years back
woodencars003.jpg

Thanks, Shawn, though I could never make a toy for my future children, because I suck at crafts big time =)

I'm not ready for grandkids. That would mean my daughters would have to... LA LA LA!!! I can't hear you!!! LA LA LA!!!

That's hilarious, I bet my pants I'm gonna have it the same way! =)

Here are a couple of bike pics. Both my bikes are like the "SE" of the cycling world. Not a lot of money, but great quality and value for the price.

The one that got me hooked on riding: GT Zum. Solid bike, simple 8 speed drive train, big wheels/tires. Nice blend of utility and speed. I've added a rear rack and now use it for light commuting.

facebook_590423750jpg.jpg

My new toy. Just bought it Monday. GT GTR Series 3. Haven't been able to ride it much yet, so I'm going crazy wanting to get it out on the road!

20120903_161303.jpg

You mean like this?
IMG_0910.jpg
[/IMG]

Exactly like that. Is that a reissue or original? That's one deck I never had. Was a Powell and Santa Cruz guy. Still have a closet with maybe 70 decks in it and also held onto my 80's NOS wheel collection. I used to be so addicted to flea markets, tag sales, and EBay....I had a problem, but I am better now :)

I collect vintage skateboards. And Potato Heads. My wife thinks I am immature :)

Tell your wife this is perfectly normal behaviour for a grown man... I've got my Optimus Prime Potato Head which goes right along side my Optimus Prime model and Ecto 1 models! Infact, I'd love to have kids just so I can play with the lego and matchbox cars!

Playing on my PS3... Although i'm a little bored of that as i'd rather spend any spare cash on music gear rather than over priced games.

Here are a couple of bike pics. Both my bikes are like the "SE" of the cycling world. Not a lot of money, but great quality and value for the price.

The one that got me hooked on riding: GT Zum. Solid bike, simple 8 speed drive train, big wheels/tires. Nice blend of utility and speed. I've added a rear rack and now use it for light commuting.

facebook_590423750jpg.jpg

My new toy. Just bought it Monday. GT GTR Series 3. Haven't been able to ride it much yet, so I'm going crazy wanting to get it out on the road!

20120903_161303.jpg

Yeah, the GT's are good bikes. Just got a new GT Aggressor 3.0 for a good price as it's the 'end of season'. Always loved their triple triangle design. It's 'entry level' by all acounts though the frame and hardware are good quality. It's never going to see a mountain anyhow!!!

Exactly like that. Is that a reissue or original? That's one deck I never had. Was a Powell and Santa Cruz guy. Still have a closet with maybe 70 decks in it and also held onto my 80's NOS wheel collection. I used to be so addicted to flea markets, tag sales, and EBay....I had a problem, but I am better now :)

You know I'm not sure if it's a reissue or not, as it was a gift from the great mullet man Brad Dorfman himself! A band that I was in years ago was endorsed by Vision and I got a bunch of reissue decks to make "skate-guitars" out of, I remarked later to him that the one deck I always wanted as a youth was a Psycho Stick and two weeks later this showed up at my home.

Dude you would have DIED looking through the warehouses at Select Distribution in Santa Ana, Brad is a frickin total pack-rat! Ten-gallon drums filled with NOS Vision Blur's in every color, dumpsters (clean) filled with every sticker you ever wanted as a kid, every T-shirt, every pair of shoes, rails, at least thirty brand new Gator life sized displays (never to be sold for a good reason), Beastie Boys decks, motorized deployable half-pipes on trailers, he even had one of those three wheeled BMW's in (perfect shape) in a corner of one of his many HUGE warehouses. We even joked about him still having the Vision "Great Escape" spine ramp and he replied, "I think it's here somewhere".:eek:

Too bad you are "cured" of your obsession, a buddy of mine might be looking to unload a World Industries Rodney Mullen FREESTYLE complete, the last of it's kind, in very good shape, complete.:D

Cured is a relative term.........still into it, just not manic or obsessive anymore :). When I had to have a Tony Hawk 'claw' deck ......I ended with ten, still have seven left....the Mullen is iconic deck........curious what one goes for now?

Would kill to see that warehouse.

Yeah, the GT's are good bikes. Just got a new GT Aggressor 3.0 for a good price as it's the 'end of season'. Always loved their triple triangle design. It's 'entry level' by all acounts though the frame and hardware are good quality. It's never going to see a mountain anyhow!!!

Cool. They definitely make a solid frame. My Zum just thunks right over every bump and bit of debris on the street. I'm sure the big 700x40 tires help, too. I've become convinced that anything above the cheap bikes sold at big box retailers is going to be decent.

Got the GTR out on the road for a little bit this afternoon. It's amazing how it just ate up the hills. A very nice feeling ride too. Very much looking forward to giving it more of a spin on Saturday.

Back