What other forums do you belong to?

I'll be damned. I've taken a handful of Robert's courses but didn't even realize there was a forum on his site. I find his course really helpful for filling in some blanks and a lot of fun. Really enjoying the "rhythm and licks" series, which is really fun stuff to play on your own.. Then again, I'm not an all-in member - I just buy the courses individually when I have an itch I need to scratch. Maybe that's why I missed the forum...

-Ray

Lets Talk Guild.

Also, not just a forum, but I'm taking online lessons with Paul Gilbert via ArtistWorks.

As I sit here in a chair with my Silver Sky to the left, and my 305 to my right, I get what you're saying.
I never really had it impact me because I never really thought about it much, or cared because I play standing up at practice and gigs. That being said, in a chair with axe on right thigh, the Silver Sky is better balanced.

Agreed!

Just this one. I do not participate in any form of social media. Not really familiar with forum protocol and the contradiction of the "ignore" option. Seems to contradict the intent of the forum. Don't really understand. Some PM's gone unanswered and never got to sign the forum guitar or take it to Bourbon St for some improv jazz and blues. Figured I was on the ignore list. Nice to know I am not though. But its all good, I moved on from that and Bourbon St. . Lots of good people on this forum, that is why I hang around. I was raised on "If you cannot say something nice, dont say nothing at all." So I probably said to much on that. Was not trying to be negative. I enjoy the banter on this forum and love PRS! I like this thread. Thank you 11 top, you're a good dude.

I think whoever has the Forum guitar needs to get it back on the road!

Im not on facebook or anything similar, its made me think of what i actually spend time with online, so here we go: Youtube, netflix, amazon video, iptv for rt streaming sports, readly for magazines

Check new posts at this forum and prsforums, not really active anywhere else but gearpage good for info on products i get, and google takesyou to different places & forums when trying to find out summitorother about something

I'll be damned. I've taken a handful of Robert's courses but didn't even realize there was a forum on his site. I find his course really helpful for filling in some blanks and a lot of fun. Really enjoying the "rhythm and licks" series, which is really fun stuff to play on your own.. Then again, I'm not an all-in member - I just buy the courses individually when I have an itch I need to scratch. Maybe that's why I missed the forum...

-Ray
It isn't a very active forum. It will sometimes go a couple/few days without a post. But there will be some interesting topics from time to time.
Have you seen Robert's newest lesson:Low Income Blues? It's a complete song lesson. A very cool song and perhaps his best lesson yet. He just continues to improve the quality of his work.

It is way above my ability level but I hope to work it someday.

It isn't a very active forum. It will sometimes go a couple/few days without a post. But there will be some interesting topics from time to time.
Have you seen Robert's newest lesson:Low Income Blues? It's a complete song lesson. A very cool song and perhaps his best lesson yet. He just continues to improve the quality of his work.

It is way above my ability level but I hope to work it someday.
Yeah, I bought that course. The rhythm and the first couple of BB type solos are pretty much in my wheelhouse, although I always like to get new phrasing ideas, which he's got plenty of. I haven't gotten to the "Clapton" solos yet, which I expect will be a good deal more challenging. I'm really digging the "rhythm and licks" stuff - I'm so used to either playing one or the other that getting that call and response thing going and transitioning between them so quickly is a really good exercise for me. I suspect that's the stuff I'll play if I ever have to play in a music store to check out of piece of gear. Probably the least embarrassing stuff I'd play! I really want to work up to his St. James Infirmary Blues course. That one seems like it's waaaay above my ability level at this point, but I love that tune and it seems like it can be done at so many levels from mostly blues to as far into jazz as you can take it. I have the rhythm from iReal saved in my looper and absolutely LOVE playing over that...

Here.
TGP.
Vintage Guitar.
Music Man forum.
Strat talk and their sister Tele forum.
Acoustic Guitar.
Blues Guitar Unleashed.
A few fishing and gun forums.

Looks like I'm kind of a junkie

Here
PRS Forums
Vintage Rocker
Boogie Board
Facebook
Uncommon Forum

I've spent some time on...

sevenstring.org
Vintage Rocker
Uncommon Guitar Forum
And
Muff Wiggler

Here
TGP
Mesa Boogie forum Boogie Board
EBMM forum
Coffee Geek
Home Barista
That’s it for ones I go to regularly...

Line 6 Forum (the very first forum I ever joined years ago. Haven’t been there in years)
BYOC (DIY Pedal Forum) And at least 3 others related to pedal building, none of which I’ve been to in a few years
SEWatt (single ended tube amp build/design forum,) and about 3 other tube amp build/design forms that I haven’t been to in a few years.
Dr. Z forum (I joined when I was interested in getting one a couple years ago. Started being really active when I made a deal to trade for one, then when that deal fell through, I stuck around for a few more months. And then I got an Archon and haven’t been back there twice in the last two years).

PRS Forums
Heritage Owners Club
Acoustic Guitar Forum
Diamondback Arms Forum
A couple of science and math forums but don't visit them often

Off and on with TGP since 2002.

TDPRI - used to be quite active, but now only check in once in a while

Oddly, as much as I'm into Strats, I don't think I've joined any of those forums.

Member of a lot more that I am not active on. Some are just too slow for me and others I joined for a specific purpose, such as to view pictures or to search.

Talk Bass
Seymour Duncan
Vintage Rocker
PRS Forums
Offset Guitars
Fender Info Base
SevenString.org

I also look at on Facebook when the mood suits:
PRSGOW
PRS Guitar Forum
MJT Guitar Owners
Oblique Guitar