What model is this?

Mark Sanders

Ok I have a PRS CE 22, it does have birds, the serial number is Z 70929. I was told it was a custom order. can anyone help me?

Ok I have a PRS CE 22, it does have birds, the serial number is Z 70929. I was told it was a custom order. can anyone help me?
A pic would help a lot. I'm not familiar with that serial number.

Pics would definitely be good. I have no knowledge of a "Z" prefix. I would guess that it's maybe a 7, which is the typical leading digit for a CE. But 770929 doesn't jive either. A CE would be bolt-on neck with SN on the neck plate.

But hang on, where is the serial number located? If it's a set neck guitar (SN on back of headstock), those digits make sense, but instead of a Z it would be a 2. 270929 would be a 2002 set-neck guitar.

Ok I'm posting pics. If y
Pics would definitely be good. I have no knowledge of a "Z" prefix. I would guess that it's maybe a 7, which is the typical leading digit for a CE. But 770929 doesn't jive either. A CE would be bolt-on neck with SN on the neck plate.

But hang on, where is the serial number located? If it's a set neck guitar (SN on back of headstock), those digits make sense, but instead of a Z it would be a 2. 270929 would be a 2002 set-neck guitar.
Thanks Garrett, the serial number is on the back of the head stock. And you're right its not a Z it's a 2. Both of the 2's look like Z's. I'm trying to post pics, but I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

Ok I'm posting pics. If y

Thanks Garrett, the serial number is on the back of the head stock. And you're right its not a Z it's a 2. Both of the 2's look like Z's. I'm trying to post pics, but I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

Okay cool, we're getting somewhere then. It's a 2002 set neck something, not a CE.

For the pics, you'll need to upload them to a photo sharing site like Photobucket and then copy/paste the links.

IMG_0133_zps8pm8cq3j.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_0134_zpsujatod2f.jpg
IMG_0132_zpsqzm4e4m4.jpg
IMG_0131_zpsiabuqiic.jpg
[/IMG] WTF!!

Now that one has been played!

Most likely a Standard 22. I don't see an inlay on the last fret, so I'm guessing it has 22 frets?

If it has exposed maple faux binding around the edge of the top, it's a Custom. Generally, though, on Customs they would only paint the top gold, whereas on the Standards they paint the whole thing. The only real difference between the two being that the Custom has a maple top and the Standard is all mahogany.

IMG_0133_zps8pm8cq3j.jpg

Now that one has been played!

Most likely a Standard 22. I don't see an inlay on the last fret, so I'm guessing it has 22 frets?

If it has exposed maple faux binding around the edge of the top, it's a Custom. Generally, though, on Customs they would only paint the top gold, whereas on the Standards they paint the whole thing. The only real difference between the two being that the Custom has a maple top and the Standard is all mahogany.
Hey thanks a lot Garrett, it's all gold. Ya I've beat it up pretty good. It's getting a rest so I can do some repairs and change some hardware. Really appreciate you getting me cleared up on what the heck it is....lol Yes, it does have 22 frets.

nice gold standard!!!! First repair you should make is the strap, some weird lettering is bleeding thru the design!!!! Welcome to the forum!!!

Back