What Is Up, Acoustic Owner Enthusiasts?

László

Too Many Notes
Come on people, let's talk about our wonderful PRS Acoustics. There just aren't enough posts here by us acoustic lovers.

I'll start:

Mine's the single best guitar in the whole wide world. There's no arguing the point. It just is.

And don't show me a bunch of damn pictures thinking you're going to "prove" otherwise, because we're
not talking looks here. To my way of thinking, a guitar is an instrument first, and art second. And if the first thing isn't happening, the second is irrelevant.

You want anyone (namely me) to believe that your guitar is anywhere near in the same league as my majestic uber-blonde?

Post a link to a clip. I've already done a few. You got the darn thing to play. So get out a mic and play it.

Your turn!

I don't have a PRS acoustic...or any acoustic, but I will try and add here. I actually listen to quite a bit of acoustic guitar music. I have never, ever...ever heard it sound better than the below videos. Notice any thing common to these videos? Martin + PRS. Incredible stuff. I have been considering a purchase of my own Martin Simpson signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Not enough ACOUSTIC ACTIVITY here.
My wife picked PRS acoustic for me... I have mostly Taylor's and Gibson's, but she took a real liking to the PRS. We dived in full throttle and did a Private Stock acoustic. No clips of me playing, but how about a photo of this guy playing my very guitar when he was here in town? :)

I have since added a PRS Private Stock electric also. I'm more an acoustic guy, but what the heck.

prsdone2.jpg

Hey, Jesse, DO IT!

BTW, Martin Simpson is an amazing player, songwriter and singer. I'm a huge fan.

Pickwithaustin, I love that guitar. Great pic, too!

I gotta get down to Austin again. I was there nearly a decade ago playing with a young guy I produced, at SXSW, and I absolutely loved the town. Lucky you to live there!

Also, there's a really cool boot shop I have to visit...

I should but I really want to have one built with a small tweak. I mean either way it's a PS right so I might as well do it my way.

I should but I really want to have one built with a small tweak. I mean either way it's a PS right so I might as well do it my way.

Absolutely! Small tweaks are good things. And also large tweaks. ;)

So not a single soul will belly up to the bar and make a clip with their PRS acoustic??

I haz sad.

Ouch!! Looking through the 2014 Price List, there are ONLY Artist Package and PRIVATE STOCK offerings this year for PRS Acoustics! And the Brazilian AP option is GONE...

I still want a Tonare Grand in the worst way. I wish I had some input here. But other than to say - I WANT, I WANT, I WANT! I got nuthin'. Jesse - that 2nd vid of Martin is awesome. I love that type of micing style on acoustic, feels like you get the sound of the room. Almost like you're sitting there.

Alas, I'm unsure if I will ever get myself over the edge to buy one. I don't remember the last time I picked up my acoustic:bawling:

I still want a Tonare Grand in the worst way. I wish I had some input here. But other than to say - I WANT, I WANT, I WANT! I got nuthin'. Jesse - that 2nd vid of Martin is awesome. I love that type of micing style on acoustic, feels like you get the sound of the room. Almost like you're sitting there.

Alas, I'm unsure if I will ever get myself over the edge to buy one. I don't remember the last time I picked up my acoustic:bawling:

I fully agree. I want too and at the current rate of spending it's going to be a long, long time.

I don't remember the last time I picked up my acoustic:bawling:

My clients ask for acoustic tracks often. That's why I sprung for a great one.

But I enjoy playing, and especially writing, on acoustic, anyway. If I'm in the studio and need to create a guitar part, just to hear how it sounds if I'm going to play electric later, I'll pick up my acoustic and play along.

They're great idea-generating devices.

And, of course, they kill fascists... ;)

Check and see! I'd love to hear it.
By request. It is very amateur: recorded on a hand held recorder sitting on a stool in front of where I played the guitar about two years ago. I did this as a simple compare for a friend who want to hear the difference between my all koa and this pernambuca back and sides, European spruce top. I just did a quick take playing bits of 4 different things I often use to test an acoustic.
0:00-0:18 finger style in open chords
0:26-0:58 finger picking on lower string position 7-12
1:03-1:28 chord strumming
1:33-2:00 single note picking higher strings position 5-7
It was science, not music.
http://mrpetesays.com/music/LilFourSampleB.mp3

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that, Veinbuster! I totally get that it was done to demo aspects of the tone of the guitar. I pretty much did a similar kind of recording with the demo of mine that I posted here when the guitar arrived. Just played a few simple things so the guitar itself could be heard.

Despite the recorder's limitations, your guitar sounds like a super nice instrument. You are the man, kudos!

Last edited:
Tasty stuff. Sounds great. I really need an acoustic.

Yes! Just think of it this way; you record a really nice acoustic intro, and then absolutely slam into some high gain stuff with the Archon...BOOM!

Great way to build a track and slather on the heavy stuff. \m/

Yes! Just think of it this way; you record a really nice acoustic intro, and then absolutely slam into some high gain stuff with the Archon...BOOM!

Great way to build a track and slather on the heavy stuff. \m/

That's what Jimmy page thought with his "Shade and Light".

Back