What is Goldtop listening to?

The Mighty KISS! I've never hidden the fact that (A) I am a HUGE fan of The Original KISS, and (B) I am a Lifetime Member of The KISS Army. Say what you will, but I can't help but have massive respect for somebody who comes up with a unique idea, believes in it, works nonstop to achieve their goals, and finally becomes successful and proves all the naysayers wrong. (Reminds me of a certain guitar maker and his small Band of Brothers and Sisters in Maryland...)

Here's "I Was Made For Lovin' You".

Goldtop LPC

Oh, Baby. Mr. Barry White and The Love Unlimited Orchestra doing "Love's Theme". Who other than me is old enough to remember when ABC Television used this all over their coverage of golf tournaments, episodes of "Superstars", etc.? I don't know if Mr. White made any money off of that, but he should have.

Mr. Goldtop

This happens to be one of my favorite love songs of all time. Nanci Griffith doing "Love At The Five & Dime" from an episode of ACL.

Goldtop Lloyd

The Great Johnnie Taylor asking one of the Questions of The Ages. "Who's Makin' Love?".

Goldtop Lloyd

1987. What a year. The year of my second - AND LAST! - marriage. But things weren't all bad that year. Yes released this song, which was cool. Nothing wrong with a little MTV rotation, right?

"Love Will Find a Way".

Goldtop - A Single Man

P.S. - In the contest of 'how many instruments can you fit into a single video', this may be the champ! :)

Man, how I dig the LP "Electric" by The Cult. This is "Love Removal Machine". Crank it!

Goldtop Machine

Dude! This is one takes me back! As a matter of fact...The Love Removal Machine is how I've always referred to pllaintif #1 a.k.a. my first x-wife! I REALLY dig this LP as well! Great tunes all over this thing!

Oh and BTW I'm Scott,a new old guy. I am pretty new but I am the unofficial resident southern gentleman, and when I'm not being gentlemanly, it's been said I am also the resident Bat Sh!t Crazy dude. He, it's true...somebody's gotta do it....

Nice to meet you Lloyd! Glad you're back even if I didn't know you were gone:D

Oh, and if anybody sees DTR please let him, know Ian Astbury is wearing one of his shirts in this video...;)

Last edited:
Dude! This is one takes me back! As a matter of fact...The Love Removal Machine is how I've always referred to pllaintif #1 a.k.a. my first x-wife! I REALLY dig this LP as well! Great tunes all over this thing!

Oh and BTW I'm Scott,a new old guy. I am pretty new but I am the unofficial resident southern gentleman, and when I'm not being gentlemanly, it's been said I am also the resident Bat Sh!t Crazy dude. He, it's true...somebody's gotta do it....

Nice to meet you Lloyd! Glad you're back even if I didn't know you were gone:D

Oh, and if anybody sees DTR please let him, know Ian Astbury is wearing one of his shirts in this video...;)

Scott,
It's good to meet you too. I've been MIA for several months but thankfully I'm back now. My old computer finally died on me, and it took me a long time to be able to come up with something else. (I'm not exactly what you would call wealthy.) I'm still not completely back - I'm using an old borrowed, barely working monitor - but it's good enough for now.

The Cult: Years ago I came up with some kind of limited edition releases of several Cult tunes on gold CDs (anybody remember those?). I can't even remember what they were called, and they're packed away in a storage tub somewhere now so I haven't seen them in a while. Two of the tunes on those things that stayed with me were "Lil Devil" and "Wildflower". Instantly turned me into a Cult fan. An additional plus was that I drove my ex up the wall playing those things!

Goldtop Lloyd

Welcome back Lloyd
Shawn,

Thank you. I hope you and your family are doing well. I've thought about everybody here so much in the last few months, and I'm thankful that you remember me and welcome me back. I've missed you all.

I haven't had a chance to look around and catch up on much yet, but I did see your thread about your 15 year employee guitar. All I can say is it's amazing, and well-deserved. (I haven't watched the videos yet, but I plan to this weekend.)

Lloyd

Watch me. I may slip down an '80 and '90 hole here if I'm not careful! This is Sly Fox and "Let's Go All The Way". Just imagine this tune with a real drummer and a guitar player with it set on 'kill'... Entirely different tune.

Goldtop - All The Way (Or Natural, or Santana Yellow, or Pink, or...)

Oh, yeah... With the mighty Phil Collins on drums, this is Frida doing "There's Something Going On".*

Goldtop LPC, who loves this tune

* There's something going on alright, Pretty Lady. Why don't you and I adjourn to a more private location and I'll tell you all about it?

I'm a blue collar guy. Always have been. I've been around more warehouses, packing plants, construction job sites, loading docks, ship channels, etc. than I could count. So I have to say that this video doesn't seem very realistic to me. I mean, I've never seen women like these is any of the places I've been. *

So, I dig you T-Birds, but I'm not buyin' it. "Tuff Enuff".

Goldtop Lloyd

* Of course, there was this one time out in Oakland at a Safeway warehouse... Never mind.

Back