What is Goldtop listening to?

Queen and "Love of My Life". I think this is a beautiful cut. The guitar work by Mr. May? Amazing.

Goldtop

Pat Benatar says "Love Is a Battlefield". I tend to agree with that, more or less... *

Goldtop LPC

* Of course, part of the problem in my case is that I've had such a great knack for picking quality partners!

I'm sure there are some folks here who know this guy. Mr. Ricky Skaggs doing "Baby I'm In Love With You".

Goldtop Lloyd

Ooooohhhh Baby. The original, seventeen minute plus version - complete with a pause for a YouTube ad at the 13:15 mark - of Donna Summer and "Love to Love You Baby".

That made me think of this. I love Blue Man Group, and I especially love their cover of "I Feel Love" with Venus Hum. There is a video for the album version of this, but I'm posting the live version for one reason.

Watch the utter joy on the singer's face. One of the things I love about music - how it can take you places that some other art just can't.

The Whispers say "It's a Love Thing". Could be, but I tend to think that it's probably just something I ate.

Goldtop

That made me think of this. I love Blue Man Group, and I especially love their cover of "I Feel Love" with Venus Hum. There is a video for the album version of this, but I'm posting the live version for one reason.

Watch the utter joy on the singer's face. One of the things I love about music - how it can take you places that some other art just can't.
Thanks for posting this Alan! I'm into BMG too but I hadn't seen this. Very cool.

I hope things are going well in your world.

Lloyd

Fair Disclaimer Time: The Judds really get up my nose. One or two of them in particular, but in general they all work my nerves. I'm sure this bit of news matters more to me than it does to anybody else, especially the three of them. You know the old saying about opinions, right?

So why even bring it up? Because in spite of my personal feelings, I can and do enjoy some of their music. For example, this one. "Love Is Alive". I think it's a pretty love song and I like it. I especially like the guitars in it.

Goldtop Is Alive

There must be three or four dozen different cuts of this one in the world. This is a nice little instrumental version. Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys and "Faded Love".

Goldtop Love

Doug Sahm & Friends (Augie, Flaco, ice cold Lone Star, steaming hot cheese enchiladas, sopapillas and honey, etc.) doing "Poison Love". Si!

Goldtop - Let's Eat!

Back