What is Goldtop listening to?

Shawn! How have you been? I miss you my friend. I hope everyone your way is doing fine.

This isn't 'my' thread; it belongs to all of us. James started it, then he ended up adding my name to it out of the kindness of his heart. (In part because I posted on it so much, to the point of being a nuisance I think.)

Widespread Panic. Cool! One of my favorite episodes of the Austin City Limits tv show featured WP tearin' it up. They were great!

Shawn, call me sometime. Or write, smoke-signal, something...

Lloyd

Happy Saturday Folks! IT'S THE WEEKEND! And The Super Bowl weekend to boot! YeeHaw!!! The big show is happening down in Houston, about 500 miles from where I am, and that's not all bad. Houston traffic is a zoo in the best of circumstances, but with all of this going on? No Thanks!

My predictions? An exciting game, but in the end The Patriots will take it. And the halftime hoohah? I predict there will be some. GaGa will 'make a statement' in a non-verbal way. Maybe strip down to a bodysuit with her views on it, either in words or drawings or ??? I don't think her ego will allow her to play it strictly by the book. And the network? Their fingers are probably already poised over the 'delay' and 'dump' buttons.

Guess what? On this date in 1977, Fleetwood Mac released - - - - - Yep. "RUMOURS". This is "The Chain".

Goldtop Lloyd - Will never break the PRS Chain.

On this date in 1978, No. 1 on the American singles chart was The Bee Gees with "Stayin' Alive". I wasn't much for discos. The coliseums and small halls and live gigs was more my speed. Maybe that means I wasn't 'a brother' or 'a mother'...

Goldtop Lloyd - Stayin' Alive (for a while yet anyway)

Damn it, Lloyd - you were supposed to keep that quiet. Sergio doesn't blab what I say to him about you!

Wait...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alantig, you're too cool! Man, how I love this place...

Lloyd

Happy Birthday today to Vincent Damon Furnier/Alice Cooper. I've never seen him live, and never met him, but I'd like to do both someday. He seems like such an interesting, intelligent guy.

"Only Women Bleed".

Goldtop/Lloyd

Humble Pie doing "Bang". Peter Frampton showin' me the way* on SG/Les Paul. :rolleyes:o_O:confused:;)

Goldtop

*Sorry. Couldn't help myself...

You want Funk? You want Groove? Dig It! Humble Pie doing their tune called "Cocaine". If I'm ever on life support and you just can't revive me, try pumping some of this in my ears at earthquake levels. Good, good stuff in my opinion.

Goldtop Lloyd

P.S. - This happened back when I was married (I got divorced in 2007). About ten years into it I was in the hospital because of some heart problems. I was in bad shape at the time and they weren't sure I was going to live. One day my wife (now ex) had left my room to go somewhere - home to take a shower, whatever - and a nurse came in to talk to me. Long story short, my wife had put a DNR order in my files because she said that's how I wanted it. The truth was, that was the exact opposite of what I wanted! Thankfully, the nurse had taken it upon herself to speak to me privately and verify it. She was a real winner, my ex... Did a Do Not Resuscitate on me behind my back. Classy. 100% True Story.

More Mighty Mac! More "Rumours"! "You Make Loving Fun".

Goldtop Lloyd
Considering the band was going through several relationships breaking up and a whole lot'a cocaine use at the time this album was being written and recorded, they pulled it off pretty well. These songs were everywhere when i was a kid. You couldn't avoid them if you wanted to (especially if your mom owned the album, like mine did).

PS- Thanks for keeping the flame alive Lloyd!

Monday morning. What a Super Bowl! Wow! That may very well have been the most exciting SB I've ever seen. My faves are from the Glory Days with The Redskins and Doug Williams, Joe Jacoby, John Riggins, etc., but that's because they were my team and I was rooting for them. But I didn't really care who won this one so I could just relax and enjoy it. I thought it was a doozie!

Before I go any further, I need to clean a little house here. In my Super Bowl predictions I said the following:

'... And the halftime hoohah? I predict there will be some. GaGa will 'make a statement' in a non-verbal way. Maybe strip down to a bodysuit with her views on it, either in words or drawings or ??? I don't think her ego will allow her to play it strictly by the book....'

GaGa, I know you follow The PRS Forum religiously, so when you read this please accept my apology. You deserved more credit than I gave you and I'm sorry. You showed professionalism, honor, respect, and a commitment to entertaining the fans without bringing your own political opinions into it, and I applaud you for it. Between you, your shtick, and the new drone coverage, all I can say is - - - COOL!

"Poker Face".

Goldtop Lloyd

P.S. - 'Baby, when it's love, if it's not rough it isn't fun'. My advice? Be careful there, because that very attitude is why I need a knee replacement today. (Well, that plus I fell off a ladder in the snow. Long story.)

Last edited:
More Lady GaGa because you know I like a little Pop now and then. "Bad Romance".

Goldtop

P.S. - 'I want your leather-studded kiss in the sand.' What in the name of The Jolly Green Giant does that mean?!?

This is my favorite Super Bowl commercial. An interactive experience that took place during the game for three members of The Military and their families. Thanks to Hyundai, and Thanks to Our U.S. Military.

Lloyd

Hi Folks. I hope you're having a good week. Not to mention a fine Valentine's Day.

I'm still fighting this flu nonsense. I've been sick now for over a month. Doctor, meds, the whole bit... I think I'm finally starting to get better, then back to square one. I should be thankful to still be fighting it I guess; it's taken several lives across the country. Please take care if you have it too. Good luck to you.

Love. Mr. Sam Cooke doing "Cupid".

Goldtop

"I Love - Guitars from PRS"
"Because they are The Best"
"Made in Maryland"
"USA". *

It's a hit!!!

Tom T. Hall doing "I Love".

Goldtop Lloyd

* Copyright GoldtopTunes Music 2017

Last edited:
Ooooohhhh Baby. The original, seventeen minute plus version - complete with a pause for a YouTube ad at the 13:15 mark - of Donna Summer and "Love to Love You Baby".

Goldtop Lloyd

Back