What has the 'Special Forces Unit' Done for You?

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
It looks like the PTC is turning into the Private Stock team for the rest of us, those of us who cannot afford a PS (yet!).

They were originally formed to offer expert repairs and mods, but they have morphed into something way more than that.

Now you can get almost anything done in PTC. It really is like having a bit of PS added to your favorite guitar.

What has PTC done for you?

Simple for me--replace a 57/08 with a 59/09 in the bridge and set up like I like it on my 12 Stripped 58. I live close enough now to drive there and drop off. Wish I had more PRSi to deliver to them for work LOL (but my 01 SC is perfect right now). I am hunting a DGT or Ted however :biggrin:

Hopefully I will be able to add to this thread soon when I get my Siggy back. Shawn and the rest of the PTC team have been great.

Sheesh, what HAVENT they done for me? Like seriously - I think we've cut/sanded/painted/replaced/created everything within possibility! :cheers:

I played this guitar in the store for six months or so before buying it. It went to the PTC for 57/08s before I even got it home (during the free pickup Thank You offer). I had them replace the volume pot with a push/pull to tap the neck pickup and one for the tone knob to tap the bridge pickup. It will be going back for a piezo at some point in the future.

SCHBFrontClose.jpg

Here's the volume in the "up" position:
SCHBCoiltap.jpg

What did I do for the PTC? Tested the new nut material in the "real world".

What they did for me? Install 57/08s in my DGT Goldie, re-install one DGT in the Goldie, new switch, couple set-ups, and clean up my frets!

I've had nothing as impressive done as above, but sent my Cu24 in for a 10 year setup. It wasn't in bad shape, but they did a fantastic job and turned it around very quickly. So it all goes to show, regardless of how simple or complex the job, the PTC will manage it professionally and like it was their own guitar. Shawn and Co. freakin' ROCKS! :rock:

Back