what happened to vintage rocker?

Boardwlk17

i cant log in i get this when i try to go to the page
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.4.5 PHP/5.3.8 Server at www.vintagerocker.com Port 80

Boardwlk17 said:
i cant log in i get this when i try to go to the page
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.4.5 PHP/5.3.8 Server at http://www.vintagerocker.com Port 80

I have exactly the same issue with my work computer, it started a few days ago. I thought it was my work network, but it sounds like something changed on the VR hosting platform which some firewalls don't like?

Fire_Fingers.jpg

I got the same problem. It was up again for a short while, but now I get the same message again... pitty.

Old thread, but this happened to me too there - they have some pretty tough anti-spam IP thing going on. You probably picked up an IP address formerly associated with a spam attempt. Get in contact with their admins and they can un-block you.

Works for me!

All forums, including this one, have been inundated with spam and hacking attempts hence the Spam-O-Matic software add-on. The old BaM forum had something like 96,000 fake user accounts because they didn't have a filter in place to keep the low lifes from signing up. If you look at the "guests" list at the bottom of the home page, I can guarantee that not all those visitors are here with good intentions and want to talk PRS guitars.

Forums have had to start using filters of one sort or another to wade through the crap that hits their doorstep. Some sites are blocking people at the software level, and others are blocking people at the server level. At the software level the bad guys won't get an account, but they'll still be knocking at the door. Other sites are blocking people at the server level, hence the, "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access the server" message. Sometimes an IP address, because of where it sits in the numerical scheme of things, can get caught up in an IP range that has been blocked in an attempt to sort out bad guys. So, the bottom line is, if you ever find yourself on the outside looking in and can't connect, don't take it personal, keep the contact info of the admin of your favorite forums handy, and give them a shout if anything goes south. My $0.02.

ok - now I've been hit. hard to believe I'm on a spam ISP =- I'm using a municipal IP.

So =- ang, Markie, who do I catch to fix this? I obviously can't look for the admin, since I'm 'forbidden'

thanks. didn't want to miss out on all the Experience talk, the first year I can actually GO

ok - now I've been hit. hard to believe I'm on a spam ISP =- I'm using a municipal IP.

So =- ang, Markie, who do I catch to fix this? I obviously can't look for the admin, since I'm 'forbidden'

thanks. didn't want to miss out on all the Experience talk, the first year I can actually GO
Honestly, the best place to follow Experience plans/activity is here.
The other PRS oriented forums don't see much activity anymore - much more dialog here and on Facebook.

Back