What Happened to the PRS Pickup Training Guide Draft

Ironwolf

I'm a Dog! I do Dog Things!
I thought Shawn was onto an extremely good idea. Creating an outline and a summary of the general features and general technical specifications of each PRS pickup. We all know that Paul wants to hold back proprietary information, Which makes sense. but most of the Potential PRS players are highly educated, extremely smart, rational and scientific. We need technical information to help us make decisions, then we had a dash of emotion.

I particularly find the Chart with the approximation of the EQ, And volume very useful. And I think we all understand that resistance values are also a starting point to choose what guitar/pickup you need. To me it makes a lot of sense the more people understand what your product offers or delivers the more sales you will make.
Also realizing that Fender and Gibson, Dimarzio, Seymour Duncan, All communicate with this basic language, of pickup specifications. It seems like at least we should do it for the core model USA pickups, maybe not so much for the SE line.

So is some sort of summary guide of Pickup specifications still in the works or did some body veto the idea.

Thank you very much

Back