What Guitar do I have

I do fear that someday my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her I paid for them...

I a meme the other day where the surf shop offers 'spouse receipts' showing 50% discount...
... would work for guitars too. I have to round down frequently in such dialogs.

I'll try some photos of my $100 swap guitar. but first some history. My friend bought it from his friend for $100. His friend was going to pawn it. Neither knew what the signature was. I recognized the signature, assumed the guitar was a fake, but it had a nice playing feel and the electronics all worked. My friend needs some home remodel parts, a sump pump and miscellaneous stuff. We made a cash free swap. I went to restring it and found the low e had been super glued into the bridge, there was super glue all over the guitar top, and the tuning pegs had been replaced with unbranded string lock tuners. In addition, the E B G strings were wrapped around the pegs opposite of every other guitar I have ever messed with. No real guitar people involved up to this point. I am in the process of building my first acoustic guitar, and have a solid walnut slab drying to use as the body of my first electric (Les Paul shaped), So, once you all see the pics and confirm what I have is what we all think it is, it becomes a great test bed for my self-guided luthier training. Here's my pics.
100PRS-02-web_zpsc4wz99fw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0500_zpstdpzp3yu.png
[/URL][/IMG]
100PRS-04-web_zpssjxtsjbd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
100PRS-03-web_zpsvvkxcn0f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
100PRS-01-web_zpse3m74o8r.png
[/URL][/IMG]

I will get no joy from a negative outcome (though meant in jest I suspect). The only joy I would receive would be to learn that all counterfeiters and their product were magically and instantly wiped off the face of the earth. If someone is willing to trade a legit PS for $100 of stuff, that is entirely up to them.

Truly the wording was in jest. FYI, I intend to strip the back of the headstock the next time I change strings and re-finish the headstock of the
IMG_0500_zpsqrplviih.png
[/URL][/IMG] guitar without the PRS markings.

beat me to it.
lower horn too long. body out of shape. knob & toggle positions not in the right place.
amazingly it has the correct screw holes before the tuners were replaced.
bad signature. bracket before '065'?
headstock shape is really close, but still off.
TRC hole off center.

The back of the headstock is hilarious. I haven't seen a knock-off so, um, creative?

But as a swap for some stuff you didn't need, I think you'll get your value out of it as a test subject for practicing fret work, finish work, or whatever, without worry of screwing it up.

This is your chance to make any modification that your heart can dream up.

From replacing parts or refinishing to adding a urinal or sawing it in half, anything you can think of to do to it would improve it. ;)

burn it to kill the bad karma, and buy a second hand SE and enjoy PRS for ever more

Back