What concerts are you looking forward to?

garrett

I'm really pumped about seeing Eric Clapton in March. I saw him once before, in 1998. He's always been one of my faves, so I'm glad to have another chance to see him play.

Tommy Emmanuel is coming in February, which is a must-see. I saw him for the first time last year and had the pleasure of meeting him as well. The guy is just as engaging off-stage as he is on!

What's coming up that you're looking forward to?

Right now, only three on the board - Lewis Black, Louis CK (I've seen both before, but we're taking my son to both this time around), and Tenacious D in March.

As of now, I've passed on Clapton (saw him in 1987 w/Mark Knopfler on guitar) and Fleetwood Mac.

Maybe this should be in the guilty pleasures thread, but after seeing what Pink did in the last couple of awards shows, I had to get tickets to see a full show.
As a bonus, City and Colour is opening.

saw them a few years back just after they released their first album. I'd like to see them again but not whilst supporting Lady GaGa. Are they on their own this time?

Yeah, I believe they're headlining most of the tour dates on their schedule now. Saw them last year and the played all of "Permission to Land" and a few songs off "One Way Ticket" and it was a killer show. Their new album "Hot Cakes" is pretty good so this should be a fun tour too.

Ok this might seem a bit over the top but rock concerts are one of my favourite pass-times:

27/02: The Darkness
11/03: The Killers
04/06: Muse
25/06: Iron Maiden
08/09: Roger Waters The Wall

All in Amsterdam. I might throw in one of either the Sonisphere Festival in France or the Download Festival in the UK. And I've just read that Biffy Clyro have a concert in Amsterdam in February. Enough to do :D

Last edited:
Maybe this should be in the guilty pleasures thread, but after seeing what Pink did in the last couple of awards shows, I had to get tickets to see a full show.
As a bonus, City and Colour is opening.

I've seen two Pink shows because my wife enjoys her music. But there was enough to keep me interested as well :eek:)

Oh and her guitar player is awesome!

Back