What can PTC do for this 2006 CE?

Dirty_Boogie

Still got the ol' tagger on it
I played a great copper/orange-colored 2006 CE24 today, that while it played really nicely, needs a fair amount of cosmetic work.

The back of the guitar is pretty beat up, and the fretboard was disgusting (but the frets were fine.) I know I can clean up the neck and fretboard, but I don't know what to do with the body. I could leave it as-is, as most of the damage is on the back, but I was wondering what the PTC could do for this CE.
UsTvq9p.jpg

I guess a full refinish would be needed, or just a repair? Could they match the color? Any other possible options? I'll probably contact PTC next week to ask, but being a CE, would I only need to send them the body, or if I send them the whole guitar, will they automatically do a setup after the body refin? Trying to figure if the cost of this is worth it based on the price of the guitar.

And one last question... what were the stock pups in the 2006 CE's?
2f0XFwU.jpg

The pickups would be the Vintage/HFS combo. If you send in the whole guitar, they will do the set up. I would guess they can match the paint but I see no reason to do so. Get the set up the way you like it, (use the PTC if you want a great one), and then just play her. There's nothing on the back of her except MOJO!

The PTC will do just about anything you want except replace a neck. When you contact them go through the scenarios you are considering and they can help you git 'er done!

Well the PTC can literally do anything you want them to, with the exception of anything normally done by private stock or replacing a neck. You could always have them refinish her but you won't get your money back out of a CE. I've sent copious amounts of old singlecuts to the PTC for refins and they come back looking brand new, regardless of the condition they were in when I sent them. I'e even had them refinish to colors that have since been discontinued. I can't say enough good things about the boys in the PTC. It can definetly get pricey though but you get what you pay for and let me tell you, you get quality work that is second to none.

I played a great copper/orange-colored 2006 CE24 today, that while it played really nicely, needs a fair amount of cosmetic work.

The back of the guitar is pretty beat up, and the fretboard was disgusting (but the frets were fine.) I know I can clean up the neck and fretboard, but I don't know what to do with the body. I could leave it as-is, as most of the damage is on the back, but I was wondering what the PTC could do for this CE.
UsTvq9p.jpg

I guess a full refinish would be needed, or just a repair? Could they match the color? Any other possible options? I'll probably contact PTC next week to ask, but being a CE, would I only need to send them the body, or if I send them the whole guitar, will they automatically do a setup after the body refin? Trying to figure if the cost of this is worth it based on the price of the guitar.

And one last question... what were the stock pups in the 2006 CE's?
2f0XFwU.jpg
Sweet colour, sweet axe!! Play the hell out of her and enjoy. Guitars aren’t all about being perfect and one day, who knows, you might have a vintage classic with all the “mojo” of being original (as much as it can be).

From my research, I think the stock pickups for the CE 24 were HFS and Vintage Bass, whereas they were Dragon IIs for the CE 22.

It's relic'd. People pay big money for that sort of thing these days :)

Just tung oil any parts where the finish is completely worn off and you are good.

Yup.....HFS and VB for pickups. I have one as well.

As was said, clean the neck and play it. Play it as is and dig the tones!

Reactions: jxe
this gtr rules all mankind! send to prs “pro” shop c/o jxe, portland or...

how do you jack up a fretboard without wearing the frets?

Back