What are you listening to right now?

July 10, 1965...Everyone that had a High School garage band(me) was already playing the 'Stones in their sets...Basically the entire '12x5' album...but when this one hit? Baby...you could play it in every set for the entire night and everyone that could dance, would dance...every time.

If you listen closely, you can hear Keith stomp on the Maestro, and he's 'late' the one time the second time around...and everyone knows the story how this riff came to him in a dream too...

https://bestclassicbands.com/rolling-stones-satisfaction-hits-1-7-10-155/

Vertical Horizon opened with this at the Experience. I had never heard this song before although I was very familiar with their earlier work. I was so taken with this song that I later asked Matt (singer/guitarist) what it was. I immediately downloaded it when I got home. Great haunting tune.

This one:

Love this album. Bozzio is an incredible drummer (I'm going to see him next month). He did admit that he didn't know what the guitar terms in the title track meant - he said they gave him a bunch of guitar ads with phrases marked for him to use.

I'm on a WebEx, listening to a customer b!tching about something or other. ;) But of course, he is right!

I remember buying this in it's vinyl form, "Where were you" is such a haunting melody it blew my head back then.

Seeing him perform that live on that tour was mind-blowing.

Me - I'm spinning the Walter Egan album with "Magnet And Steel". A guy who used to own a used vinyl store here (and was featured on "Hoarders") had his annual sale this weekend. Everything a buck. We came home with 23 albums and another copy of the "Seasons In The Sun" single (for real - in the Bell sleeve and everything).

Just a random search on YouTube turned this up... the volume swells are effing sick!

On this day...1966...#1 Hit record...

and then there's this version the following year...from a completely different universe...

Getting my German Power Metal fix on this morning. New Primal Fear and new Mob Rules.

Back