What amp do us peasants play our SE's through?

PRS Sonzera 20 with an MXR-loaded pedal board gets 50% of my time.

BOSS Katana 50, with the standard onboard effects, gets the other half.

Between the two, I feel like my bases are covered.

Just got a fender vaporizer which works with my SE Chris Robinson guitar better than the blackstar I had..

I've tried a bunch of options, and have landed on a THR10 (at least for now!).

I use it in 2 ways. 1 is directly/normally. The other is via S-Gear, using my laptop and a Focusrite 2i2 input into the THR10's aux port. Both ways sound great.

Yeah, it's really great at what it does & what it is

Totally. I bought mine used with an extension cab (not sure if they all come with one?) for $60. I love the delay feature and think it sounds pretty good for how small and stripped down it is. The Bluetooth was a nice surprise, I didn’t really research it before buying and bringing it home, but I love being able to beam songs/tracks through it with my phone.

I have a Vox AV30, and I freakin' love it.

It's basically exactly what I want in an amp: I can dial in nice tubey vintage tones, it's highly flexible, it can keep up with a drummer but I can get good distortion at any volume.

Totally. I bought mine used with an extension cab (not sure if they all come with one?) for $60. I love the delay feature and think it sounds pretty good for how small and stripped down it is. The Bluetooth was a nice surprise, I didn’t really research it before buying and bringing it home, but I love being able to beam songs/tracks through it with my phone.
Whoa, it has Bluetooth now?!?! Sweet upgrade. I got mine new w/ the extension cab a couple of years ago for $100. You got a great deal!

2013 PRS SE Torero > Boss SD-1 Super OverDrive > Boss DD-3 Digital Delay > Marshall JCM 2000 DSL-100 > Peavey 4X12 Celestion G12K -85's

I'd forgot about this thread. Since I originally posted, I've added a Blues Junior to the herd that's now a Junior in name only. It sports full Fromel mods, tone stack mod, twinstack mod, input jack mod, 3 way switch mod, TO20 output transformer, MOD tank, Mojotone 2-10 pine cab, and a Tone Tubby Red Alnico and a 40/40 Ceramic speaker. Someone sunk a trunkload of cash into this amp, enough for a good used CE, and I'm almost embarrassed with how little I gave for it...almost.

Back