What amp do us peasants play our SE's through?

Just this old beat up combo I found at a garage sale...

qsvktsnxlgarycg23bnl.jpg

... KIDDING!

Just this old beat up combo I found at a garage sale...

qsvktsnxlgarycg23bnl.jpg

... KIDDING!

Ok, top of the page post. All I could see was your first sentence and the top of the picture. I was all....holy sh!t, Lee is my hero....check my shorts...are you f-in' serious.......then I saw the rest....now you're evil :D

I have a Blackstar ID TVP, Sonzera 20 and a Pignose for wandering and I'm thinking about the new Marshall Origin.
That'll just about be my lot.!!!
That Marshall Origin is a concept a LONG time coming. Obviously they might not nail a hand wired piece, but I'm still excited to try one.

Nah, this is my real combo.

4IEr9sR_d.jpg

I want to get a little Vibro Champ to keep it company, maybe even try out some wet/dry stereo rigging.

Since I don’t remember seeing one mention of the beloved Peavey 5150/6505 (unless I missed it), I figured I’d chime in. I’m sure it depends on the sound you’re going for, but a used 6505+ 112 combo can be had for a price, heck maybe even some number of Taco Bell food items. I even remember seeing a completely unverified statistic that like 85% of all hard rock and metal albums of the last 30 years were recorded with a 5150/6505 variant. ;)

I think this is a real bargain:

....even though I’m still sold on my Kemper.

Played my S2 Singlecut through one of the new HT 40s and I just needed out have the Singlecut thereafter. Don’t know if it was the amp or the guitar...

Seriously though, the new Blackstars are pretty decent. The new Marshalls also seem to be a decent step up from the old ones. So, while I still rock my Zoom G5n with headphones, anyone else has a quite a nice selection of quality amps to choose from. ;)

I got no tube amps at the moment, been playing at home in a Vox Pathfinder 15r, these are great for what they are with the spring reverb and tremolo, and using a Fender 65r for loud cleans on small venues.

I play my Mark Holcomb se through an EVH 5150 iii 50 watt, one of the best tube heads for the money when it comes to metal. Been thinking about getting an archon as wel however.

Peavey Envoy 110 Transtube. Has 2 clean selections and 3 dirty selections. High and low gain inputs, cab output, and headphone jack for when the wife is sleeping (most of the time)

And I thought I'd be the only one using a Dumble! :)

I primarily use a Peavey Classic 20 MH with a 1x12 V30 cabinet. It is certainly humble but sounds great and is a terrific home practice (read quiet) amp.

I recently got a Mesa TA30 so that has been my most used amp at the moment, because it's new!

Currently using a PRS SE Torero with EMG 57/66 pickups installed. I really like it - my first PRS and my first tremolo guitar although I admit I've been toying with selling it and going all in on a US model... Nothing to do with the quality of the SE it is a great guitar - and I like the tones I get with it - but admit that starting out with a Floyd as my first tremolo has been a bit of a labor of love and I'm wondering if the way I use it (I don't really dive bomb) I might get along as well with a less fussy system...

I play my SE through a Marshall DSL 40 with the Creamback and/or a 1991 Peavey Classic 50 410. Kind of a different combo, but the DSL does it's Marshall thing and the 410 moves lots of air and together it's sheer bliss when I get to crank them, maybe not so much for the neighbors, but I love it.
I also have a Vox AC10C1, but I really don't care for the SE+Vox combo sound. I'm not sure why, but I'm thinking it's because of the Vox's lack of headroom and the SE's pickups just don't play nice together? With my other guitars it sounds great and it's plenty loud for just 10 watts, but I can already see it moving on down the road here shortly.

I don’t understand why anyone would play a piece of junk amp with a nice guitar like a PRS SE, when the PRS Sonzeras that are available are such terrific, reasonably priced, amps.

And they’re the real thing.
whats wrong with a valve Marshall guys

Back