What a long, strange trip its been!

WD 3D

Green is the new blue...
I decided after weeks of consideration to send my 30th anniv Custom 24 PS to the PTC because, even as much as others may like it, green is not one of my favored colors. I love the guitar but not the color. Anyway... not the point of this story. So I was off last Friday afternoon and decided to pull the trigger, exchanged emails with Shawn and got home, put the guitar in the case, padded the case, boxed the case and headed off to the UPS store down the street. I live in Virginia, a mere 70 miles from PRS and Stevensville, MD. I found that even using UPS ground delivery, my guitar would arrive at PRS on Monday morning so I was quite pleased with that prospect!

So Monday rolls around and during lunch I decide to check on my baby and make sure the trip went well only to find that my guitar was in Kentucky! Ok... so I got out the map and then checked the news to make sure they had not moved the state of Kentucky from its original position to one in between Virginia and Maryland.

Instead of the 70 mile trip from where I dropped off the guitar in Chantilly, VA to Stevensville, MD, my guitar went (1) Chantilly to Louisville, KY (600 miles) (2) Louisville, KY to Lexington, KY (80 mi) (3) Lexington, KY to Laurel, MD (535 miles) (4) Laurel, MD to Easton, MD (60 miles) and finally (5) Easton, MD to Stevensville, MD (30 miles). The added destinations also added a day from the expected delivery to the final delivery window (Tuesday AM instead of Monday AM)

So for what I thought was going to be a leisurely stroll from VA to MD over a weekend, my guitar went on a wild weekend bender in Kentucky, travelling over 1300 miles instead of the expected 60. I am sure bourbon and women were involved... that guitar gonna have some splainin to do when she gets home!

Too funny. I'm waiting for something that was sent FedEx Smartpost. It shipped from Kentucky on the 23rd (I'm in the Chicago suburbs). It went to two different Chicago area FedEx handling locations, and then to New Berlin, WI (apparently the FedEx Smartpost hub), and will now be turned over to USPS. It'll be here on the 3rd. Too funny. If they would have shipped it USPS, I would have had it by the 26th.

So for what I thought was going to be a leisurely stroll from VA to MD over a weekend, my guitar went on a wild weekend bender in Kentucky, travelling over 1300 miles instead of the expected 60. I am sure bourbon and women were involved... that guitar gonna have some splainin to do when she gets home!

Its entirely your own fault. You players have to understand that these guitars need to be gigged and toured. ;)
It like having a dog and never taking it for a walk.

There was a brief period of time where sending a letter 14 miles to the next city in Kentucky close to where I lived had to go to Nashville to be sorted and then sent back up to KY when the main post office closed.

Is that a Kiss reference?

Only if you're admitting Kiss is musical. :eek:

I bet he'd like this version of KISS!

50rOAzs.jpg

I decided after weeks of consideration to send my 30th anniv Custom 24 PS to the PTC because, even as much as others may like it, green is not one of my favored colors. I love the guitar but not the color. Anyway... not the point of this story. So I was off last Friday afternoon and decided to pull the trigger, exchanged emails with Shawn and got home, put the guitar in the case, padded the case, boxed the case and headed off to the UPS store down the street. I live in Virginia, a mere 70 miles from PRS and Stevensville, MD. I found that even using UPS ground delivery, my guitar would arrive at PRS on Monday morning so I was quite pleased with that prospect!

So Monday rolls around and during lunch I decide to check on my baby and make sure the trip went well only to find that my guitar was in Kentucky! Ok... so I got out the map and then checked the news to make sure they had not moved the state of Kentucky from its original position to one in between Virginia and Maryland.

Instead of the 70 mile trip from where I dropped off the guitar in Chantilly, VA to Stevensville, MD, my guitar went (1) Chantilly to Louisville, KY (600 miles) (2) Louisville, KY to Lexington, KY (80 mi) (3) Lexington, KY to Laurel, MD (535 miles) (4) Laurel, MD to Easton, MD (60 miles) and finally (5) Easton, MD to Stevensville, MD (30 miles). The added destinations also added a day from the expected delivery to the final delivery window (Tuesday AM instead of Monday AM)

I wonder how many times your beloved took off and landed?!

Back