Well There Goes the Resale Value of a PRS Nick Catanese

Now that I think of it... maybe I shouldn't have started this thread.

Mods - feel free to remove it. Who knows... this has the potential to spark some unpleasant discussion, which we probably don't need here.

There's a photo of Tremonti playing a PRS about 10+ photos below the Cantanese news. What is that guitar? Sure it's a PS, but it doesn't look like a remake of anything. Has this been in the news?

Wow, does loud wire.com suck for how it loads pages. Never saw the Tremonti pic - was it his concept guitar?

12107117_1669213616657144_1810848754115259701_n_zpslttbpily.jpg

Same age as Lori Maddox, Page's girlfriend in the '70's.

Same age as Bill Wyman's future wife Mandy Smith (lasted two years) when they stated dating (but he had the "parent's approval"!). He was 48 at the time.

Same age as Lori Maddox, Page's girlfriend in the '70's.

Same age as Bill Wyman's future wife Mandy Smith (lasted two years) when they stated dating (but he had the "parent's approval"!). He was 48 at the time.
That ain't dating! Not even in the same ballpark.

Watch out “House Party” app on your kids phones. It’s being used by bad guys in UK at the moment to target teenage kids!:(

This situation raises some question: What would they do with these guitars? Would retailers return them? Could they re-purpose or re-brand them?

When a celebrity name ends up on a product, a risk is involved. People are human. Some make mistakes, while others [as in this situation] do some genuinely bad things. These days, one wrong look, or one accusation, and you are done. Obviously, he's gone beyond an accusation.

I don't think that this would damage the brand of PRS, but I think it would cause damage to this specific model.

I'm genuinely curious about the business decisions that are made as a result of horrible situations such as this one.

People will talk about "separating the art from the artist." Sometimes it can be done, other times it cannot. I think this one gets filed under "cannot."

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken (and I could be here) this is a discontinued model, with PRS having no further commercial association with Catanese. My guess is that PRS says/does nothing. In the grand scheme of the entertainment world, this guy is mostly unknown, so it would be best not to draw any unnecessarily attention to their past relationship.

Back