Well that's just Plum crazy!

Stacking a Plum PRS head on a Orange cab might make your eyes water, though...

I'd think the matching cab would be de rigeur. Otherwise it'd be like wearing orange shoes with a purple belt.

If you're going purple, you have to go the whole way! ;)

Of course, I saw those and got all weak in the knees...they look AWESOME.

Last edited:
Anyone know if I missed the boat on these? I got my Archon head, but I've been hemming and hawing over the cabs and now I've decided I want them. I read somewhere "this month only" -- I'm hoping I can still track one or two down (of the 2x12 with the violet fascia).

Saw the Plum line at the factory during the 30th event. Good looking stuff.

Sergio is right. The fascia on one of those was a bit blue. :tongue:

Blue is totally acceptable when it's mixed with purple and called violet.
Anyone know if I missed the boat on these? I got my Archon head, but I've been hemming and hawing over the cabs and now I've decided I want them. I read somewhere "this month only" -- I'm hoping I can still track one or two down (of the 2x12 with the violet fascia).
Found out they still had two 2x12s, so I'm a-getting them.

Last edited:
I just ordered one of these Plum 2-Channel 20 combos...I live in a condo and want something I can overdrive without hacking off my neighbors - was this a good choice or not?!?!?

I had a Custom 2-Channel 50 watt head and one of the Pine 2x12 cabs back when I lived in a house and seem to remember I could get pretty nice sounds without being too loud, but a house is different than a condo (and a 20-watt combo is different than a 50-watt head I guess too) but I'm just hoping I didn't screw up.

I live in a condo and have the 25w Archon combo, which I leave at 13w. I haven't had any complaints...I try t keep it reasonable...:biggrin:

Yeah, I thought about the Archon because of the wattage-split switch, but I went with the Custom 20 for the on-board reverb.

Killer!!! The 50 watt Archon makes me drool... But then I would also need a new purple PRS guitar

I just ordered one of these Plum 2-Channel 20 combos...I live in a condo and want something I can overdrive without hacking off my neighbors - was this a good choice or not?!?!?

I had a Custom 2-Channel 50 watt head and one of the Pine 2x12 cabs back when I lived in a house and seem to remember I could get pretty nice sounds without being too loud, but a house is different than a condo (and a 20-watt combo is different than a 50-watt head I guess too) but I'm just hoping I didn't screw up.

I had a 20 watt Custom combo and they do have a good master volume, but also get very loud if pushed. Power tube distortion will be very loud but will sound very very good.

Back