Way out of my league, but sweet!

RedGuitars

Thread killer
Y'all see this one over at Guitar Maverick?

Private stock, but looks like a collection guitar...

Quilted mahogany, bear claw figured spruce, purfling and inlays (celtic knots) to die for...

Not bad for 300 year old lumber!

JD was kind enough to send me a bunch of photos. This is one of the nicest acoustics I've seen - it makes me want to visit Texas.

I think I agree as far as one of the nicest acoustics. It's making the construction, traffic, and miles between me and Guitar Maverick less of an issue... that and the Lemondrop 408 he has in too... :)

Mike Thanks for the Thread...
Honestly I have a potential buyer thats here on the forum, so I don't want to still his NGD Thunder IF he closes but let me give the rest of you guys a little tease..
300 years old and from "THE TREE"

That's the type of awesome that makes a grown man weep.

I've seen Hog from The Tree in person, but only once. Time stopped.

Truly a special acoustic. If it had a Pernambuco neck and Brazilian Rosewood fretboard, I'd be living in a motel and looking for a lawyer right now.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;94248 said:
Truly a special acoustic. If it had a Pernambuco neck and Brazilian Rosewood fretboard, I'd be living in a motel and looking for a lawyer right now.

It could...I mean YOU could stay with me buddy. :laugh:

What exactly is "The Tree?"

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;94248 said:

I took my acoustic to the No Tell Motel just the other night, just for the fun of it.

We had a great time, the two of us, enjoying the flashing "Vacancy" sign, and the incessant drone of the vintage air conditioner.

I don't know why I'd need a lawyer in a motel.

Anyway, a few days later, I noticed I had splinters, but I suppose that's another matter. At least it wasn't crabs.

You would never need another acoustic (OK, I'm a lying enabler. Just go with it.).

Haha!

It is true that you'd never need another acoustic! I love playing acoustic, so I don't understand not having one. I figure if you're a guitar player, that means both electric and acoustic!

You gentlemen aren't helping. Who needs their yard mowed? Garage cleaned maybe?

"The Tree" Yes! I have wood from the tree, a beautiful set of 3 D quilted mahogany. I bought in the mid to late 90's from an old El Savadoran fellow in Miami. Fl. I was referred to him by the folks at Breedlove Guitar. I did not pay much attention to all the stuff about the tree to years later. It is righteous wood. I promise to post pictures of it and the but kicking koa I mentioned to Les several post back. I need a few days, because I do not have a camera and cant upload to good. I think you folks will like seeing it. The old man told me a little about the tree and I remember it being a cool story. Just forgot about it till hearing it again years later. Seeing it mentioned here is pretty cool. The drag is that I had a matching neck blank. Wish I had never sold that blank. Pictures coming soon, I promise.

Back