Was anyone else worried they made the wrong choice?

The satins over time (or with a nice soft cloth and a bit of Meguiar's) develop a gorgeous semi-gloss sheen. I think the satin finish as it takes on a bit of shine is the MOST beautiful finish. It's thinner and lighter than the gloss finishes so you can see and feel the grain of the wood. It's less 'jewel-like', but much more 'guitar-like'. As Tone-y said it has the look and vibe of 50-70 year old American guitar. Here's a super closeup pic of my '06 SInglecut Satin taken with a strong reflection to show how the grain texture presents through the finish. I don't feel like I'm missing out not having it be high gloss :D
20200907-081640.jpg

The satins over time (or with a nice soft cloth and a bit of Meguiar's) develop a gorgeous semi-gloss sheen. I think the satin finish as it takes on a bit of shine is the MOST beautiful finish. It's thinner and lighter than the gloss finishes so you can see and feel the grain of the wood. It's less 'jewel-like', but much more 'guitar-like'. As Tone-y said it has the look and vibe of 50-70 year old American guitar. Here's a super closeup pic of my '06 SInglecut Satin taken with a strong reflection to show how the grain texture presents through the finish. I don't feel like I'm missing out not having it be high gloss :D
20200907-081640.jpg

WOW! Now THAT gets me excited. A lot of people have mentioned the shine to me, but I never actually got to see it for myself. I think it looks great - I didn't know they got a sheen to that degree.

Amazing guitar btw, love the color. The one I ordered isn't too far off color-wise, though yours has a touch more of that aquamarine color which is my personal fav (along with the Matteo blue, and bodia's River Blue)

Back