VINYL

That it has, I guess what I meant there was excited to go out and buy a CD of Mellon Collie, or a digital download for that matter. I got my order in for just under $40 too. I'm guessing you ordered it on Canadian Amazon for that way cheap price? People have always been nuts about this album, it will sell extremely well, even at the high price. I'm excited to see the package in hand, it sure looks great!

Yep, so glad that I was able to hop on it that that price. I'm guessing your on the official SP board as well? Saving to buy a house right now, so anytime I can save a bit here and there is definitely welcome.

My first collection melted in a house fire. I still have the second, which I spent a good part of a year making CD copies of.

And I bought a new turn table last week.

Yep, so glad that I was able to hop on it that that price. I'm guessing your on the official SP board as well? Saving to buy a house right now, so anytime I can save a bit here and there is definitely welcome.

Can't say I am, but I'm a frequent lurker, occasional poster on the Vinyl Collective forums. Got the heads up over there.

I have a few pieces left here and there.. I have started buying vinyl exclusively if new music I want is released that way. It's so much cooler than a CD or digi download... Then, I rip it to the computer with my groovy Sony USB turntable!

ahh, well that explains how it became such a huge hit on Amazon.ca's site. Now it's looking like they're going to cancel orders again

Nobody is getting orders cancelled, however, it may take a while to get it, depending on when you ordered. Looks like they're shipping first come, first served. I'm patient, and for this price, I don't care if it takes a month to finally fulfill. Some folks on VC have mentioned switching their order to US Amazon. I don't have the time to call and make a hassle, but it may be a much quicker way to get a copy.

Nobody is getting orders cancelled, however, it may take a while to get it, depending on when you ordered. Looks like they're shipping first come, first served. I'm patient, and for this price, I don't care if it takes a month to finally fulfill. Some folks on VC have mentioned switching their order to US Amazon. I don't have the time to call and make a hassle, but it may be a much quicker way to get a copy.

I've seen on the SP board that people have asked .CA if they can switch to US and they said that they can, but they can't transfer the discount if they get it from US.
I ordered the vinyl and my GF got me the 5CD/DVD for Christmas, so I didn't mind downloading the whole thing since the band technically did get our money for both already. I'm onto "Here Is No Why" right now and this so far, this is the only track where I feel like I can hear a difference from the original. I have to review this mammoth for the next issue of my publication, so I'm taking notes, haha.

Makin' out on vinyl gifts already.

Uncle Tupelo - No Depression
Grateful Dead - Terrapin Station
Velvet Underground - Quine Tapes box set

Happy!

Pending weather tom'w, I'll be picking up my freshly tuned up turntable. And since it's right next door, I'll try to catch the Robert Johnson disc one more time.

I still purchase records and have a decent size collection of Heavy Metal,Blues and Classic Rock.....and I still own every one I have ever bought dating back to the early 70's....including 45's *Just scored a pristine Jimi Hendrix "Crash Landing" record for $7.00 at Skinnies Records in Norfolk,Va...

Still seem to have a few laying around.....

100_5842.jpg

100_5841.jpg

100_5840.jpg

100_5839.jpg

Back