Vintage style tuners for SE models

Trevin T

This has most likely been discussed a thousand times in forums. So, I apologize in advance for any repetition!
I’m looking to install vintage style tuners (Like what are some SC245, McCarty, new SE Zach Myers models) on my SE245.
I’m at a loss. I’ve asked several “experts” and they tell me to just go with Schaller or Gotoh locking machines. I like the look of the vintage tuners. So that’s what I would like.
Sidebar: I’d also like to get lampshade volume/tone pot knobs. USA knobs fit SE pots, right?
Again, I’m sorry if I’m beating a dead horse with this. And I appreciate any responses.

Lampshades will fit, and I’d suggest looking for the klusen type tuners Gibson used to use... they’ll have washers and nuts, which you’ll need because the holes on the headstock are too big for the type that have ferrules.

Lampshades will fit, and I’d suggest looking for the klusen type tuners Gibson used to use... they’ll have washers and nuts, which you’ll need because the holes on the headstock are too big for the type that have ferrules.
Gotcha. I’ve found some of the Kluson style tuners that came off of a Zach Myers SE. Not sure if those will work. Plus it wouldn’t hurt much since they’re only $20.

Gotcha. I’ve found some of the Kluson style tuners that came off of a Zach Myers SE. Not sure if those will work. Plus it wouldn’t hurt much since they’re only $20.

Nah, you need ones that have the washer and nuts like the ones you're taking off.

Back