Video demo/playthrough of my P22 with RW-neck (also head-to-head with a Taylor)

Richard Lainegard

Hey guys,
decide to record a playthrough demo of my P22 (with RW neck),
and also to put the Piezo head-to-head with Taylor.
All acoustic tones are straight to Logic, whilst all electric tones are through
a Kemper profiling amp using profiles from TheAmpfactory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice demo. Those P22 & 24 are great guitars. Well the Taylor is great also. It sounds better to my ears, but the PRS does a very good job covering both electric & acoustic tones. Perfect gigging guitar.

Thx mate =)
Yeah, the Taylor also have the body mics, so it's a harsh comparison for the P22 for sure.
I've tried it through a AER amp live once, and that made a huge difference in the "realism" of the tone.
I think this is true for all Piezo-setups in general.

And, furthermore, I've A/B'd the P22 live with both a high-end Takamine (with on-board tube pre and mic)
and a Taylor. The P22 sounded better than both with the band, which is what it's all about imo
(I don't really see a singer/songwriter/troubadour giging solo with the P22 anyways)

Thx mate =)
Yeah, the Taylor also have the body mics, so it's a harsh comparison for the P22 for sure.
I've tried it through a AER amp live once, and that made a huge difference in the "realism" of the tone.

And, furthermore, I've A/B'd the P22 live with both a high-end Takamine (with on-board tube pre and mic)
and a Taylor. The P22 sounded better than both with the band, which is what it's all about imo
(I don't really see a singer/songwriter/troubadour giging solo with the P22 anyways)
I agree!

Thx mate =)

Agree with you there. And great demo, awesome playing!

I really enjoyed that demo, Richard! The playing is terrific and you really captured some nice tones. The video also looks great and is well edited.

Nicely done!

Nice video and tasteful playing. Your P22 is really beautiful.

I've never heard of the adjustable PRS bridge referred to as a "tune-o-matic" before but I think your point is still well made.

Nicely done.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;23994 said:
Nice video and tasteful playing. Your P22 is really beautiful.

I've never heard of the adjustable PRS bridge referred to as a "tune-o-matic" before but I think your point is still well made.

Nicely done.

Thx for the feedback guys!
And yeah mate (sorry, i can't for the life of me spell you username :wink:)
maybe just saying "adjustable "tone-pros"-style bridge" or something to that affect would have been a better choice :(

Another great video! Good job Richard!! Your Mc58 video is my favorite clip of that guitar I've seen!!! This is a very nice demo of the P22 as well...

Thank you, Richard. That's a great demo and it answered some questions I have about the P22. I'm thinking of getting one even more now. :)

Richard,

Very nice demo. Thanks! ... (and good playing too) ... I won't be parting with my Taylor, but I sure am more interested than ever in the P22 ...

Back