[UPDATE - recovered!!] Stolen - '11 DGT Goldtop - Kansas City

Glad you got your guitar back!

Pardon my asking but I'm curious. Were your house doors unlocked at the time of the break in or was it a forced entry?

Even though I feel fairly secure where I live, my doors are locked at all times even when I'm home, I even lock my doors when I'm in the backyard mowing the lawn. I've seen some home security video's where people are home, their doors are unlocked and someone with bad intent walked right inside in broad daylight.

Glad you got your guitar back!

Pardon my asking but I'm curious. Were your house doors unlocked at the time of the break in or was it a forced entry?

Even though I feel fairly secure where I live, my doors are locked at all times even when I'm home, I even lock my doors when I'm in the backyard mowing the lawn. I've seen some home security video's where people are home, their doors are unlocked and someone with bad intent walked right inside in broad daylight.

Sounds like Dundee!

Oh yeah, I'd hang on to that one. With all the phony relics out there, this one has a genuine story and a real background. And the one thing many sad stories don't get... a happy ending! Kind of takes me back to Frampton's black Les Paul story. :) Congratulations

Don’t forget Rory Gallagher’s ditch water Strat.

Keep It And Love It Back To Life. The Guitar Will Love You Forever For Changing Its Life For The Better And Giving Him A Proper Home He Can Feel Safe And Loved In. Don't Get Rid Of It.

I'm going to keep it for at least the next while and get it cleaned up. I've ordered the 'tremolo update kit' for new intonation and saddle height adjustment screws, cleaned the fretboard, and am setting up the bridge from scratch this weekend. I'll have my tech do a fret cleaning and try to get the pickup covers looking decent again.

May yet swap the pickups, especially if the covers don't get any better - can anyone decipher the PRS diagram into Dimarzio colors?

This diagram is close but the push/pull wiring is different, let alone the resistors. I barely understand electronics lol

I'm going to keep it for at least the next while and get it cleaned up. I've ordered the 'tremolo update kit' for new intonation and saddle height adjustment screws, cleaned the fretboard, and am setting up the bridge from scratch this weekend. I'll have my tech do a fret cleaning and try to get the pickup covers looking decent again.

May yet swap the pickups, especially if the covers don't get any better - can anyone decipher the PRS diagram into Dimarzio colors?

This diagram is close but the push/pull wiring is different, let alone the resistors. I barely understand electronics lol
Blue Magic Metal Polish Cream Is Great For Pickup Covers, Bridges, Etc.

Minor updates! Probably going to keep it for a while, after getting it cleaned up it still sounds and feels excellent.

Got the pickup covers cleaned up - they're not perfect but are way better. Might still try a scotchbride run to make them look closer to new.

Replaced the corroded saddle height screws and added a drop of oil to each. The originals were all green and black and pretty hard to turn.

Also thinking about swapping pickups so I am trying some black parts to see how I would vibe with black bobbins. Would like something a little cooler in the neck and hotter in the bridge, and both could use just a bit more clarity. Thinking about Dimarzio 36th neck and Transition bridge but will wait a couple of months to see if I can make the stock setup work for me still.

Going to take it for a full setup and onceover after I wear out this set of strings.

Minor updates! Probably going to keep it for a while, after getting it cleaned up it still sounds and feels excellent.

Got the pickup covers cleaned up - they're not perfect but are way better. Might still try a scotchbride run to make them look closer to new.

Replaced the corroded saddle height screws and added a drop of oil to each. The originals were all green and black and pretty hard to turn.

Also thinking about swapping pickups so I am trying some black parts to see how I would vibe with black bobbins. Would like something a little cooler in the neck and hotter in the bridge, and both could use just a bit more clarity. Thinking about Dimarzio 36th neck and Transition bridge but will wait a couple of months to see if I can make the stock setup work for me still.

Going to take it for a full setup and onceover after I wear out this set of strings.
Well done, it all looks great. I would be interested in your pickups if you decide to sell them. Just name the price and message me privately

WOW, what were the chances? Congrats. After a nice bath and a rub down, that baby ought to make some great music. I recommend a conjuring of the spirits inside that control cavity!

Looks Lovely And Dare I Say The True Beginnings Of A Real And Honest To Goodness PRS Relic'd Guitar!

Back