Unofficial Reclaimed Limited Thread

Lesser known part of the Vela...the neck. Check this out...
vela7.jpg

vela8.jpg

It feels every bit as good as some rosewood necks I've enjoyed.
That's the same carpet from the tone clip!!!!!!!!

Beautiful figuring on that neck

Are the holes and cracks in the top filled with some kind of black filler?

I love the way all my PRSi look. The tops on these guitars, with the irregularities and imperfections are just plain frigggin ........awesome! They`re all so distinctive! It`s gotta be a thrill to know that no other guitar will ever look like one of these, and no 2 are similar!

Another one just popped up on Reverb.... you may wanna jump on it....

I thought it was a Vela... But it is a CE. I would have probably bought it in that case to have a nice couple...

I am very happy with the CE but everyone is praising so much the Vela that I am having second thoughts!

I thought it was a Vela... But it is a CE. I would have probably bought it in that case to have a nice couple...

I am very happy with the CE but everyone is praising so much the Vela that I am having second thoughts!
I saw a place in Canada that has a Vela advertised for sale, but they don't ship to the US... (Long and McQuade Musical Instruments)

Got the call today that my Vela was in, so I headed off to the store right after I finished working. When I got there, I shopped around a bit, talked to my guy. He seemed pretty blown away - he said it was very resonant and played like a dream. They also got a CE in (which I had already seen). He told me about it, and said, "The CE is...but the Vela..." He said he didn't even plug it in, he enjoyed it so much acoustically. It was already set up for me and ready to go.

Came home, snapped a couple pics, ate dinner and plugged it in. I have to admit - totally honeymoon phase, but I was pretty blown away. It's different than anything else I have (part of the goal), and he wasn't kidding about the resonance. In addition, the note clarity was pretty stunning. I did a small amount of finger picking, a bit more strumming and arpeggiated playing. Kicked in a distortion pedal, and this thing sustained like crazy. I was really happy with the note bloom, too. There's a lot of snap to the tone, especially with the coil tap pulled on the bridge pup, but even without that, in the middle position, it's got more snap than anything else I have. Very Tele-like.

The satin finish feels fabulous, and the neck - good lord. The satin finish suits that so well. In general, I don't go for the satin finishes, but it feels so right on this guitar. This top has a few more "beauty marks" than some of the others posted, and I wasn't sure how I felt about that at first, but that faded in about 20 seconds or so. The funny thing is there are some I didn't even notice until I was looking at the pictures. You'll see below, there's a crack in the top right above where the jack is - not a flaw, part of the reclaimed wood. I took a picture of that, then noticed the other cracks to the left of it. I hadn't noticed them before that, or if I had, I didn't think they were cracks (grooves might be more accurate, but what the hell, I've had crackwood, now I've got crackedwood!).

Enough yapping, they said - give us pictures...

vela01.jpg

vela02.jpg

Nothing in MY f-hole!!!!!

vela06.jpg
vela08.jpg

vela04.jpg
vela05.jpg

vela13.jpg
vela15.jpg

This is the crack from above - goes right to the side.

vela16.jpg

I'm seriously thinking of going to "you know where" to try that CE24...who did your setup and what did he say about the 24 ?

Back