Unofficial Reclaimed Limited Thread

I picked up my Vela today! I'm absolutely in love with it! Here are some pics:
gGwBIfV.jpg
JqwUcTf.jpg
Iuun3Wk.jpg
NV3maqD.jpg

I think 1 of the Velas sold for $1700.. not seeing any others pop up for "resale", given how they play, doubt many will hit the market

Mine might, pondering at the moment.

Monday, after 227 days of waiting:

full

One single nail hole (above the neck pickup)! When changing to 9-42 strings, i put some birds decals on.

Congrats! Where did you get the birds?

They really look good in the lights. Then when the house lights come up, people kinda gasp. I’ve had all sorts of compliments on the Vela.

My Vela finally arrived a few weeks ago (they took ages to arrive in the UK for some reason) and it's the nicest-playing guitar I own. My HB II and 594 barely get a look-in now. The neck feels great and it sustains beautifully. I kinda wish that they'd used wood for the birds though - it would have finished off the rustic vibe quite nicely.

I've been playing my RL Vela off and on recently - using it for recording some new songs for the next CD, and just jamming around. I am constantly amazed at the great tones I get out of it, and how versatile it is. Yeah, it doesn't get super gainy like my P24 (58/10s?) or CU24 (HFS & VB), but it isn't supposed to.

How does the Pattern Thin compare to the Strat?
Hmm, I haven’t spent that much time with a pattern thin but Fender C carve isn’t what I’d compare. The RL Vela has a pattern regular carve which is not Fender-like, IMO. Way more comfy in my hands...substantial. It’s tough to draw similarities but Fender isn’t where I’d start.

Hmm, I haven’t spent that much time with a pattern thin but Fender C carve isn’t what I’d compare. The RL Vela has a pattern regular carve which is not Fender-like, IMO. Way more comfy in my hands...substantial. It’s tough to draw similarities but Fender isn’t where I’d start.
I concur. I have a few modern Tele's that I would play more if the necks were fatter / fuller like the Vela....
Thinking about trying a Warmoth replacement neck someday...

Back