Unofficial Reclaimed Limited Thread

As far as the S2 line goes the Vela is the only one I'm interested in as it's an original design. Had the S2 line been comprised of fresh and original designs rather than "reimaginings" of the real things it would be awesome. With that said the reclaimed Vela above is sweet and I had no idea they were being made, I feel a small bout of GAS coming on...

The S2 line was developed to offer a new (less expensive) Maryland made price point, not as a bed for new/unique guitar designs.

...just sayin'.

My S2 custom 22 sounds radically different from my other PRSi. My friend, Carl has the RL CE 24, and it sounds vastly different from his other 10 PRSi. Different flavors for more fun!

Guys, does anyone maybe know when the last batch of these beauties will come to Europe? Still waiting for mine and my local store hasn't been very responsive of late.

Guys, does anyone maybe know when the last batch of these beauties will come to Europe? Still waiting for mine and my local store hasn't been very responsive of late.
There's talk of CITES-related import delays for the European market. PRS can speak for themselves, but the biggest time factor appears to be governments. You are not alone.

Just know, it's worth the wait. :cool:

There's talk of CITES-related import delays for the European market. PRS can speak for themselves, but the biggest time factor appears to be governments. You are not alone.

The delay being, according to one review video I saw, that the brauna preto fretboard looks enough like rosewood to make customs agents confused.

Thank you for the response! Well then we keep waiting a bit longer haha! But damn it's killing me!

Well, had been pondering these for a while, and this just happened.... I know it's not a one piece, but looks like one and man, the figuring!

Oh, by the way, I got to pick from 3 of them, this one checked all my boxes, but there's two more at Willcutt right now.....

caNywWw.jpg

The fretboard's not shabby either....

PGN6fTa.jpg

Well, had been pondering these for a while, and this just happened.... I know it's not a one piece, but looks like one and man, the figuring!

Oh, by the way, I got to pick from 3 of them, this one checked all my boxes, but there's two more at Willcutt right now.....

caNywWw.jpg

PGN6fTa.jpg
That is a beautiful instance of this great model!

Hmm, where can I find an RL CE at MAP...?

caNywWw.jpg

PGN6fTa.jpg

That one looks amazing! Enjoy it! Hopefully they arrive in Europe soon as well

That one looks amazing! Enjoy it! Hopefully they arrive in Europe soon as well

Thanks! These just showed up at Willcutt, so crossing my fingers for you! You reserved one?

Gorgeous, nice score man! I busted mine out the other day and was shocked once again at how nice this run was! Still very much loving my reclaimed Vela! :D

Hey, I'm new here. First post..... I'm one of the lucky 3 Willcutt buyers today! My 2nd PRS! My other is a SE Custom 24 in Trampas Green that I'm in love with! There wasn't really supposed to be a "guitar spree" right now, but as I keep reading on here, PRS seems to be an addiction.

I really wanted the Sonzera amp, but I guess the Reclaimed Vela won out. Maybe more Spaghettios nights will get me to that amp! But for now, BRING ON THE VELA!

Hey, I'm new here. First post..... I'm one of the lucky 3 Willcutt buyers today! My 2nd PRS! My other is a SE Custom 24 in Trampas Green that I'm in love with! There wasn't really supposed to be a "guitar spree" right now, but as I keep reading on here, PRS seems to be an addiction.

I really wanted the Sonzera amp, but I guess the Reclaimed Vela won out. Maybe more Spaghettios nights will get me to that amp! But for now, BRING ON THE VELA!

Nice, happy to be an "enabler"! Congrats on the purchase. Sonzera huh? Hmmmmm....

And that would be me that picked up the other one. Actually had one ordered with another retailer but cancelled that when I saw your post. I bought my first PRS from Willcutt 15 years ago so comfortable doing business with them. Also liked being able to pick from two guitars that I could see first rather than being assigned whatever one came in when my place in line was up. Looking forward to it - thanks for the heads up!

And that would be me that picked up the other one. Actually had one ordered with another retailer but cancelled that when I saw your post. I bought my first PRS from Willcutt 15 years ago so comfortable doing business with them. Also liked being able to pick from two guitars that I could see first rather than being assigned whatever one came in when my place in line was up. Looking forward to it - thanks for the heads up!

Nice, keeping it in the forum family! I'm calling them to collect my commissions haha....

Got a vmail from FedEx last night that I had a delivery pending for today that would require an adult signature. I had nothing coming, that I knew of. When I looked up the tracking number I was shocked to see that the package shipped from Sweetwater, and it weighed 18 lbs. Looks like my RCL Vela is out for delivery!

Back