Unofficial Reclaimed Limited Thread

after about a week of sitting on the south side, my Vela "box car stranded" has moved to the metro service hub. hopefully it's going to start moving a little faster towards the NW burbs of chicago.

apparently old wood doesn't move very fast. who'd a thunk it? :rolleyes:

ok when i got the text update says "arrived at your local PO office" or something to that effect, i took the reigns and became the master of my domain.

i called and told them to stop right there. i gotta know right now. before you go any further...
"do you have my package there?"

"yep, you can pick it up after 10AM."

"M'kay thanks bye!" 'click'

ok when i got the text update says "arrived at your local PO office" or something to that effect, i took the reigns and became the master of my domain.

i called and told them to stop right there. i gotta know right now. before you go any further...
"do you have my package there?"

"yep, you can pick it up after 10AM."

"M'kay thanks bye!" 'click'
Awesome! Yes, if you can assume control of a delivery situation, things generally turn out better/faster.

what a freaking score.

and holy crap you guys weren't kidding! this thing is ridiculous, exactly what I was hoping for an so much more. i lucked out and the top on this one is perfect, i think. the back is what's so nuts though, great figure to the mahogany. neck plays so nice, i really like the profile. i'm honeymooning but it's sort of a tweener of a LP and Tele for me but it definitely has it's own unique vibe overall. better than comparable models of each in it's own ways.
I played it a bunch this afternoon through my '63 VVRI and exactly, balls on exactly what I hoped to hear. there's so much that's lost in videos and whatnot when you watch samples online. what a ridiculous guitar. i can't wait to run it through my Amplifire rig tonight. i'm sure a SLO preset with a slide won't disappoint!

470d152e-84c4-4a08-a1e1-e433e3890f59_zpshdrec58l.jpg

what's funny is, there's a bunch of play wear on the plastic sheet that covers the pick guard. i know Eric played it a bit at Guitars and More in Alabama, but i suspect someone at the factory didn't want to put this one down. haha

also it came with a great initial set up, i'm only going to tweak it slightly from here but i was ripping on this thing earlier. it made me a better player, i forgot how much i like playing PRS guitars. I had a few at one point and sort of moved on, but later regretted selling the teal black mccarty and whale blue CU24 i had.

when i worked at a sam ash store for a while after the '08 economy poop, i was fortune enough tour the factory with a group and meet paul, have dinner and drinks and whatnot and hang out in the garage studio for a bit, incredible time for sure. so i've always been looking for the right prs guitar(s) to put in the stable, and this is a hell of a good start!

what a freaking score.

and holy crap you guys weren't kidding! this thing is ridiculous, exactly what I was hoping for an so much more. i lucked out and the top on this one is perfect, i think. the back is what's so nuts though, great figure to the mahogany. neck plays so nice, i really like the profile. i'm honeymooning but it's sort of a tweener of a LP and Tele for me but it definitely has it's own unique vibe overall. better than comparable models of each in it's own ways.
I played it a bunch this afternoon through my '63 VVRI and exactly, balls on exactly what I hoped to hear. there's so much that's lost in videos and whatnot when you watch samples online. what a ridiculous guitar. i can't wait to run it through my Amplifire rig tonight. i'm sure a SLO preset with a slide won't disappoint!

470d152e-84c4-4a08-a1e1-e433e3890f59_zpshdrec58l.jpg

what's funny is, there's a bunch of play wear on the plastic sheet that covers the pick guard. i know Eric played it a bit at Guitars and More in Alabama, but i suspect someone at the factory didn't want to put this one down. haha

also it came with a great initial set up, i'm only going to tweak it slightly from here but i was ripping on this thing earlier. it made me a better player, i forgot how much i like playing PRS guitars. I had a few at one point and sort of moved on, but later regretted selling the teal black mccarty and whale blue CU24 i had.

when i worked at a sam ash store for a while after the '08 economy poop, i was fortune enough tour the factory with a group and meet paul, have dinner and drinks and whatnot and hang out in the garage studio for a bit, incredible time for sure. so i've always been looking for the right prs guitar(s) to put in the stable, and this is a hell of a good start!

See??!! This Vela model is insane and I totally echo everything you said. If my nimrod band mates would quit cancelling gigs for "vacation" and "funerals" I might get to gig this beast, which I know is going to rock. It loves big volume and sustains like a fiend when you stand in the wash. That neck pickup is SICK, too (we already know the Starla pup is hella-cool). I agree, you can't say enough about this guitar.

20170428_191509_zpslfccbqw3.jpg

20170428_191450_zpseontnosp.jpg
]

20170428_191057_zpsbkextjo4.jpg

20170428_191045_zpsftbzf8vg.jpg

20170428_191019_zpsbrfnafjj.jpg

here's a good image of the pink streaks in the top under soft sunlight. right by where the snake took a bite apparently.

20170428_104944_zpsf9yfvzst.jpg

Good things come to those who wait. If you can stand the wait ....
i feel for the guys that are waiting on their orders from SW and whatnot. i'm a last minute louie that sniped one of the few that were shipping to smaller shops. so glad i found this one down by the crossroads.

Last edited:
great shots...very happy for you!!

I ordered early from SW, then had a few 'delays' by being out of town and then my sales rep being on vacation... at this point I'm starting to wonder if I'll even get one at all :(
If I don't, there will be helll to pay @ SW..., but if and when I do, I'm hoping I don't end up with some fugly leftover.... :mad:

but if and when I do, I'm hoping I don't end up with some fugly leftover.... :mad:

I have to say, my Vela is one of the plainer ones I've seen and I still think it's a beauty. I don't think there is a fugly one in the whole line so even if you get the last one in the run, I'm sure it'll be very nice.

Hang in there, it'll be worth the wait...
-Jim

there was an ugly one? part of the draw to these guitars for me was their subtle overall appearance. i think the natural tops look great and we've seen a wide variety of figuring, streaks and grain, plus the mojo factor that only legit nail holes can produce.

it will be worth the wait, for sure.

Man, my SW guy just called about an order I placed yesterday. I asked about my Vela. He said 7 or 8 more weeks.........

Back