Two Of My Favorite Guitar Players Team Up For A Video

László

Too Many Notes
Tim Pierce and Pete Thorn?

Yes. Good. Very, very good. Both world-class session guys and performers. Did a video together messin' with some gear at Tim's studio. And...PRS DG amp in the picture in Tim's work area, though not demo'd, unfortunately. His DG is all-black. Not available to mere mortals in that finish!

Still, I live for this kind of thing, videos by great players. Heck I bought the Grissom video lessons, I'll probably get Tim's, too. ;)

And...yeah, I'm gonna say it...I'm surprised by how good that Line 6 Helix sounds in the video (you all know what an analog snob I am)! But the projector amplifier is even cooler!

I just got done watching that - it was in my subscription box on YouTube. Really looking forward to this show in the future.

Cool!

If I were to lose it all in a fire, flood, etc., I would take a good long look at that Helix. I love my board, but it took a long time to put it all together, not to mention cost - the Helix would be a great unit for live application if I were feeling the tones. It looks like it could be used many different ways. I once played with a guy that had a Line 6 Vetta, which was a higher end amp probably around the time of the Spider II's - except it sounded a WHOLE lot better. I think Line 6 can actually do some decent stuff, it's just a question of if people are willing to pay.

What a power duo!!!
+1 on the Helix...had one for a few months now...it is slowly winning the battle with my Kemper (which I initially got it as a more compact backup for). I think the Kemper sounds slightly better (of course I've been tweaking it longer too)...but the portability/flexibility and ease of use of the Helix is pretty impressive. They really did a great job designing the interface for ease of use in almost any situation. Best Line 6 gear I have seen/used since the Vetta.

Tim's videos are worth buying and watching. He has a good format going on and comfortable behind the camera. Man he can play.

PRS action around the 16:05 mark. Pete actually perks up a bit when the PRS amp comes on. Not being much of PRS fan, it's nice that it grabbed his attention.

PRS action around the 16:05 mark. Pete actually perks up a bit when the PRS amp comes on. Not being much of PRS fan, it's nice that it grabbed his attention.

Love all three of these guys. I have Noy's records and love watching him talk shop in interviews like this. Dude is super cool and a freaking animal.

By the description it was an HXDA?

Yes, though it says DG Custom on the front panel, and oddly enough, it has the open grille fabric apparently like a DG. But it's black. So it must be a one-off cabinet. I think he has a 50 and a 100 watt version of the HXDA, but the ones he originally demo'd weren't the one he has.

So who knows. A guy like Tim Pierce can call PRS and get anything he wants, I'm sure.

I'm still waiting for PRS to make the LFSA*, but I think I'll be long-dead before that happens. ;)

*That would be the Les Freakin' Schefman Amp that will never, ever be made, but as envisioned, it is a cross between George Harrison's AC30 that can be switched to be The Edge's AC30.

I would pay One Million Dollars for this amp. So that's my offer, PRS! One Million Dollars - a dollar a year for one million years!

Back