Tubes-Amplified Parts Video;5/26/17

It was right on!

I wish he'd have talked a bit about why NOS are a good idea.

I loaded my PRS amps with NOS tubes, and love the results. I started using NOS with Two-Rocks quite a few years ago. Over the years, I've learned that older tubes were made better - the machines weren't as worn, they were used for all kinds of personal, military and medical equipment, so they had to be dependable, and function well. The folks making them had the specialized knowledge that existed when tube manufacture was high tech.

I think most of that translates to a sonic improvement.

Sadly, the folks who designed these tubes, and the equipment they were made on, are for the most part no longer active.

I've had too many failures with new-manufacture tubes over the last twenty years. I'm an NOS believer, I guess!

Reactions: CVS
Check it out. Electro-Harmonix's Tube Factory in Russia. The Rollings Stones provide the soundtrack, and if you listen very closely you'll hear Ian Stewart too...
At the very end you'll also see the very recognizable tube boxes from the different brands this place manufacturers.

The brand names that this factory makes are: Tung-Sol, Mullard, Genalex/Gold Lion, Sovtek, Electro-Harmonix, Electro-Harmonix Gold and Svetlana.

https://www.ehx.com/tubefactory

Last edited:
That was cool. Looks like I'll be listening to the Stones all day!

Back