Tube Rolling With An HXDA

OK Les I'm walking the line. I really liked what you wrote about the Siemens and though I was originally going with a different alternative I've decided to give them a try.

I will say that though I'm not tube experienced I think the =c= are amazing and probably the best I've ever played.

I've been ampless for about a week and it's starting to wear on me. So I'm very much looking forward to play guitar again.
I've schedule an appointment with a local amp buddy to get the Siemens installed and biased.

zkIrAHI.jpg

I'm not sure how good these exact Siemens are but at this point I just need my amp to work. Thanks Les and friends!

I will report back soon!

OK Les I'm walking the line. I really liked what you wrote about the Siemens and though I was originally going with a different alternative I've decided to give them a try.

I will say that though I'm not tube experienced I think the =c= are amazing and probably the best I've ever played.

I've been ampless for about a week and it's starting to wear on me. So I'm very much looking forward to play guitar again.
I've schedule an appointment with a local amp buddy to get the Siemens installed and biased.

zkIrAHI.jpg

I'm not sure how good these exact Siemens are but at this point I just need my amp to work. Thanks Les and friends!

I will report back soon!

That's a box o' sweetness, right there!

zkIrAHI.jpg

I will report back soon!

Also, if you want a primer on tubes, there's some good info here. Low tech site, but some good stuff.

http://www.audiotubes.com/

I hope you like them, Fight! In my HXDA I think they're an improvement, even over the Winged Cs that I liked very much.

They tend to sweeten up a bit with a little use, I find. So be patient. And you might wind up tweaking your amp settings to accommodate them.

Just an update on this. The NOS Siemens tubes have settled in nicely, and even well beyond the "these are different, how cool" honeymoon period, I think they're a significant upgrade.

I'm going to get a backup set for my backup set. :)

I bought another backup set of the NOS Siemens.

I'm working on a lifetime supply. ;)

"How much longer do you expect to live, Les?"

"That's a good question. What should I plan on?"

"I dunno. Five, ten years, max."

"OK, so, maybe one more set...? I've only got two backup sets for each PRS amp right now..."

Actually, since I know I get that amp in your will, please buy one more set. I think I'm in for another 15 years anyway. :)

Actually, since I know I get that amp in your will, please buy one more set. I think I'm in for another 15 years anyway. :)

Ha! All of my gear is going to accompany me into the afterlife.

"Les, I hate to break it to ya, but...the afterlife thing...well...it's mythology."

"Oh. Well, I guess I can stop construction on that pyramid in the back yard, huh?"

Hey I've been meaning to do an update as well!

I've installed the Siemens in the amp myself and biased it using a little unit I got off EBay. It's been about a month and I say the tubes are pretty well broken in.

I like them a lot, mby even as much as the =c=. Very similar in my opinion. I'm very happy with the tones I'm getting.

Also to add, I tried some JJs again and again I don't like them. I feel like EH is a better tube, just my opinion.

Thanks a bunch Les!

No problem, Fight! Glad to be of service. I've got a couple of backup sets now, and I'm still on the hunt (yeah, I'm hoping I can play for another however many years!). ;)

Back