Tremonti Signature Archon

but this amp could rule the world. If so, I'd be happy with just taming it a little bit at at time. I'm not good though. So sometimes you just have to take what you can get.

Wonder if the head will look like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that lunch box is too small
For the iron and tubes of a 40
That could be an early proto though
Were did that photo come from ???

I think that lunch box is too small
For the iron and tubes of a 40
That could be an early proto though
Were did that photo come from ???

I got it from a friend inside the chamber of PRS secrets =)

Interesting not to have bright switches, as most PRS amps do. But a very cool look! Hopefully we will get a pre-namm release on these!!!

But it's 15 watts. This is 40. So even at $100 or so more, this should kick it to the turf. I'm still surprised by this. All the talk, all this time has been "lunchbox sized, lower powered" etc. I think everyone expected 15 watts push pull EL84 amp. If this is 2 EL34, and under a grand, it should rule!
Yeah, I'm not saying it should be $700, just that it likely won't be out of reach and somewhere in the ballpark of what Mark wanted. Probably somewhere in line with the Sonzera. Watts don't equal dollars as you see in the minimal price difference between the 20 and 50 watt Sonzera. You're really probably paying more for bigger iron and maybe some cost of tubes. It should be priced wherever it's profitable for PRS/Mark. I'm guessing we hear within the next week, assuming it's debut is at NAMM.

Well I guess the fact that it been removed should be proof that it likely close to the final product

I am just curious how he went from 15 to 40watts that a huge jump
Lol not that I am complaining at all
But it's intresting change

I’m still convinced that it is going to be 15 watts, although I would more than welcome the 40 watts. Looking closely, I noticed that the article/interview occurred back in August. A lot could have changed since the interview. Regardless of wattage, I think we would all agree that we are all excited to see, hear and play through the final product. There has been a tremendous amount of work and attention to detail to make this amp a reality. It’s took way too long. Fast forward to NAMM please. The suspense is killing us .

Of course I see something about this right after I purchase an Archon...

Oh well, guess I'll have a New Amp Day part 2... :rolleyes:
Yeah, not sure why that would be an issue. MIA premium everything on the Archon. It's already a steal at its price.

Yeah, I'm not saying it should be $700, just that it likely won't be out of reach and somewhere in the ballpark of what Mark wanted. Probably somewhere in line with the Sonzera. Watts don't equal dollars as you see in the minimal price difference between the 20 and 50 watt Sonzera. You're really probably paying more for bigger iron and maybe some cost of tubes. It should be priced wherever it's profitable for PRS/Mark. I'm guessing we hear within the next week, assuming it's debut is at NAMM.
Right, and I wasn't clear in my post. By kick it to the turf, I meant if this was 40 watts it would kick the 15 watt EVH to the turf. And I know the 15, 50 and 100 watt EVH amps all kick butt in their price range.

I’m going to predict a 15w lunchbox head and a 40w head in a regular size wood/tolex shell. The lunchbox will be built overseas to keep the price down. The 40w will be assembled here in the USA from overseas parts like the Archon and priced accordingly. This will hit two price points like his sig guitars.

I’m going to predict a 15w lunchbox head and a 40w head in a regular size wood/tolex shell. The lunchbox will be built overseas to keep the price down. The 40w will be assembled here in the USA from overseas parts like the Archon and priced accordingly. This will hit two price points like his sig guitars.
That sounds completely sensible, and is consistent with the two "different" amp descriptions we hear about.

Put me down for a lunch box 15W!

Could be the one that Mark posted on his FB page as the pro to was in a headshell but that was back in September??
I would think with 6l6 and bigger transformer you are going to need a bigger box than the metal chassis ..I think it will just be simple . like a metal perforated grill with Silver Prs logo attached in small black tolex shell

If you're going through the trouble of putting in 6L6, why 40W and not 50W? Fifty gets you giggable by just about everybody. Though 40 is close, a little extra headroom keeps it tighter. Same size components.

I'm hoping with some modern materials and design choices they could get 50 into a lunch box. The Power Station is not so big.

If you're going through the trouble of putting in 6L6, why 40W and not 50W? Fifty gets you giggable by just about everybody. Though 40 is close, a little extra headroom keeps it tighter. Same size components.

I'm hoping with some modern materials and design choices they could get 50 into a lunch box. The Power Station is not so big.

It's probably 50 on the Od
The difference between 40 and 50 would be very very minor you may feel it in the attack but really unless you run the master wide open on a 50 a 40 is same thing slightly lower voltage

I’m wondering if they went 40w to be able to get Mark’s tone more accurately? I mean he uses 100 watters on all fronts for the most part. Maybe he felt 15 wasn’t getting his tone right. That’s a common complaint of mini rectos.

I’m wondering if they went 40w to be able to get Mark’s tone more accurately? I mean he uses 100 watters on all fronts for the most part. Maybe he felt 15 wasn’t getting his tone right. That’s a common complaint of mini rectos.

A 15 watt can be heard with a loud drummer, if the stars align correctly and the EQ is right, but I don't think the thump and chug of that style would get enough push from a 15 watt power section to work in a band context. I'm really glad we're talking 40 watts, so it can be more than just a bedroom amp. Actually, still a little wary of it being "only" 40 watts, but then again my Custom 50 has astonishing volume and so do the Sonzera amps from what I've heard, I think the amp team has zeroed in on getting a lot of juice out of the rated power.

Edit: I'm really hoping these are announced soon, as in very soon, seriously considering an Archon but might just pre order one of these if they're sounding right!

Back