Tremonti Signature Archon

I was leaning Archon but idk. The TC-50 has my interest. I'll be playing the amps before I buy one. I know where to play a TC-50 close by but will have to drive 2 hours to play an Archon.

Totally understand. The TC looks like a great box. Just don't underestimate the versatility of the Archon. It's not a one trick, hi gain, pony. :)

Totally understand. The TC looks like a great box. Just don't underestimate the versatility of the Archon. It's not a one trick, hi gain, pony. :)

What he said. There is a lot on offer with the Archon. The gain channel itself has a very wide range of gain, from a nice classic rock crunch up to the brutalz. Add in the changes the guitar's volume control can cause, and there's far more there than just a straight metal machine. And that doesn't even touch on the beauty that is the clean channel.

I always go back to this vid by Aristotle when peeps are looking for info on the Archon.

We're less than a month from NAMM 2018! Maybe we'll finally hear something about this?

I am not sure I think I had heard somewhere that it may have
Been canned I think They had issues getting into the price point of 800 that Mark wanted
I could be wrong but I don't think it is coming to NAMM

Hmm, a 40 watt PRS Amp, perhaps based on the Archon, but tweaked. My amp GAS is now fully engaged!

Tremonti is 6l6 usually
But man small head 40 watts is killer
I am way more excited with this

I'm glad we are finally getting some news about this. For a long time, it seemed like this sig amp was being mothballed. Sure hope it's still within the price range Mark was insisting on (under 1K).

At the price target they had, and with 40 watts, this will be a HUGE seller for PRS!!!

Lot of sandbagging has been going on though, with all the 15 watt talk for the last two years. :)

I'm glad we are finally getting some news about this. For a long time, it seemed like this sig amp was being mothballed. Sure hope it's still within the price range Mark was insisting on (under 1K).
Price point should be realistic. The newest EVH LBXii is $700 and probably has similar features- 2 channel with loop. I’m not sure the voicing of that amp is for me. If the Tremonti is voiced in the Archon/recto/Uber vein, that’s more up my alley. Not sure if I’ll get one as I don’t really need it. But definitely interested to check one out.

Great wattage for recording! Hopefully it'll be able to keep up live as well. As stated above, interested to see what the voicing is like compared to the Archon.

Price point should be realistic. The newest EVH LBXii is $700 and probably has similar features- 2 channel with loop. I’m not sure the voicing of that amp is for me. If the Tremonti is voiced in the Archon/recto/Uber vein, that’s more up my alley. Not sure if I’ll get one as I don’t really need it. But definitely interested to check one out.

But it's 15 watts. This is 40. So even at $100 or so more, this should kick it to the turf. I'm still surprised by this. All the talk, all this time has been "lunchbox sized, lower powered" etc. I think everyone expected 15 watts push pull EL84 amp. If this is 2 EL34, and under a grand, it should rule!

Back