Tremonti SE vs Custom

Thicker body (more sustain) and the hotter 245 Pickups.
Never played the regular one, but my Custom sure plays nice.

I can get the SE pretty cheap but so I was wondering if it's much difference at all. I know the new one is thicker and has a thin instead of fat neck.

I had my Tremonti SE for two years and liked it quite a bit. Nice resonant guitar. But when the Custom was announced, I ordered one and sold it without hesitation. The custom simply kicks its ass in every single way. Aesthetically it's much more beautiful, it's a lot more fun to play (I'm a fan of the wide-thin neck profile, love it on Torero and equally here) and most importantly to me it's a true "import version" of the MD-made guitar. While I liked my Tremonti SE, I never understood why it was so different (even if I get it brand new for very cheap when I bought it).

So...get the custom and toss the USA pickups in it is my advice. You won't regret it. Just shop around, I got the Custom for a decent clip less than the going rate online from an authorized dealer.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the wide/fat neck too.
I really like the wide/thin necks over the fatter ones.
I am finding I like them even better than the slim 60's profile on my 2012 Gibson SG '61 Reissue.

SOP, are these the ones?
http://www.prsaccessories.com/products/tremonti-bass-pickup

I wonder why the bass pickup is covered, and the treble pickup is not?
I looked at Mark's guitar on the product page, and sure enough, one is covered, one is not.
I think it would look better with both uncovered.

May have to have my dealer install a set of these down the road.
Are the stock SE posts good enough too without having to get new ones for the SE?

I dig the covered and uncovered.

Well I just ordered my the Tremonti SE Custom! Hopefully I like the neck, I dug the wide/fat.

I had my Tremonti SE for two years and liked it quite a bit. Nice resonant guitar. But when the Custom was announced, I ordered one and sold it without hesitation. The custom simply kicks its ass in every single way. Aesthetically it's much more beautiful, it's a lot more fun to play (I'm a fan of the wide-thin neck profile, love it on Torero and equally here) and most importantly to me it's a true "import version" of the MD-made guitar. While I liked my Tremonti SE, I never understood why it was so different (even if I get it brand new for very cheap when I bought it).

So...get the custom and toss the USA pickups in it is my advice. You won't regret it. Just shop around, I got the Custom for a decent clip less than the going rate online from an authorized dealer.

You got to remember the Tremonti se was the se version of the first Tremonti that had the fat neck and stop tail.

I was wondering when they would update Mark's SE, it's been a long time coming but they really nailed it. Has anyone compared it to a SE 245? I would like to know how the trem affects the tone and sustain.

Just want to bump this thread... still wondering if anyone knows how the sustain and tone are compared to the 245. Or just how the PRS trem changes those things in general compared to a stoptail...

Just want to bump this thread... still wondering if anyone knows how the sustain and tone are compared to the 245. Or just how the PRS trem changes those things in general compared to a stoptail...

I own an original '03 Tremonti SE, a new Tremonti SE Custom, and an SE245.
In my experience, the stop tails appear more resonant.

I own an original '03 Tremonti SE, a new Tremonti SE Custom, and an SE245.
In my experience, the stop tails appear more resonant.

I noticed this as well but this is coming from a different guitar without a trem and thicker strings so... yeah. :)

I need to get some 10's on my Tremonti SE Custom

Back