Tremonti gig in Edinburgh 17/02/2013

Dan-d-1985

Perpetual lurker
So I've just been at the tremonti gig in Edinburgh. It was amazing. I'm a bit of a fanboy to be honest, but my god it was tight and powerful as hell!

Eric Friedman is a phenomenal player too, taking a few leads over the evening too which is cool. I love that he was able to take the spotlight at times.

Wolfgang really impressed me. That's not to say I had low expectations, but rather I knew what style of music he typically played with VH band and tremonti is a bit pacier to say the least. he's a great singer too. He handled some real difficult parts without looking troubled at all.

Garett on drums is a fuggin' machine. Best way to say it is he's as tight as a ducks arse.

As for the main man. Just wow. His vocals are just getting stronger. I can't wait for a 2nd solo album.

The really cool part - when I bought a t-shirt for the night I got a couple extra wee tickets. At the end of the gig, Mark was signing anything that people had bought from the store and meeting and greeting with anyone. No photos at least, but the queue was about 1h20 long by time it was all done.

I had a plan tho that I thought if I were last in queue, maybe he'd give me a pic? I know if he did it early on, he's get swarmed, so I waited till last in queue to ask.

I got one with the missus!!

8480687734_e4f3c0b2d2_z.jpg

I also bought a 2nd copy of the album so I could get all of them to sign it. I have a signed 8x10 signed by Eric, Mark and Garett, but this time I also got Wolfgang too.

8480687266_cac91d5946_z.jpg

I was making small talk with the guys too and said to wolfgang if I ever met "one direction" the crappy UK boy band, i'd kick them in the nuts for him after the rubbish they said to him and the other guys in a hotel in the UK. He laughed a whole lot. ALso, I was drawn to Eric's all white p22. It's gorgeous. Turns out it's his favourite too, he was telling me how he found it on a wall and had to have it there and then.

They didn't have to do any of that which is what's killer about it. Awesome heroes met.

Anyway, I know i'm a total giddy schoolgirl under it all when I meet heroes and inspirations, but hey, it's not every day you get to meet them!

Mark and crew are solid guys for sure. It looks like you had a fantastic evening!:rock:

I did man, I blew my voice out tho. Didn't help I was on the mend from a throat bug tho. I just aggravated it more. For the love of music.

Absolutely loved the fact they made a point of meeting everyone who stayed to meet. No other band I know has that kind of ethos. He's exactly the kind of guy any fan should meet. Friendly and down to earth.

Wicked night :)

I did man, I blew my voice out tho. Didn't help I was on the mend from a throat bug tho. I just aggravated it more. For the love of music.

Absolutely loved the fact they made a point of meeting everyone who stayed to meet. No other band I know has that kind of ethos. He's exactly the kind of guy any fan should meet. Friendly and down to earth.

Wicked night :)

I have nothing but praise for Mark. During the lawsuit over the Singlecut, we could not build or sell his signature Mark Tremonti model. We couldn't even GIVE one to Mark during that time. He could have easily walked away and gone to another company, because anyone would be thrilled to have him on their roster. But no, Mark stuck it out with us. This is a rare kind of loyalty and I think it speaks volumes about Mark's character.

Very cool Dan, glad you got to meet and chat with one of your favorites, it's always nice when it goes well and everyone's cool. I met Mark at the EXP last year and he was very nice.

Back