Tremolo block

othersuper

Hey all!
I have a ME II with a trem. My band changes between standard and drop d - I'd like to block the trem with a wood piece under springs in front of trem block so it is down only with the bar. I generally block the trem and tighten the springs so it not mobile at all on FR equipped guitars. I've used a tremelNO screwed into the wood for this but I don't want to put holes in my ME.
Does anyone have a measurement for the space there? A good source for a piece of wood to start with? I see blocks on amazon but they are sold in 100 pieces etc...

Any other ideas are welcomed as well!

Thanks!

It isn't easy to give you exact measurements. I block the trem, and if you need to make it right, you must go the extra and sand it down to fit. It will work great if you keep the trem against the body top, but if you don't, like me - you need another thinner strip of wood on the other side of the guitar. I clamp it towards the bridge block with L shaped trem stopper from FU-Tone.

My advice? Just get a Trem-No, and save yourself some trouble. You don't need to drill holes with it

Back