Tremol-No Users?

Buck

It feels awesome to be metal in a plastic society
Hi All, long time PRS owner, new to the forum. Have a 2001 Custom 22 Artist and soon to arrive, a 2015 Tremonti Signature 10 Top.
My Custom 22 has the fixed bridge, stop tail...but my new Tremonti will have the tremolo. Was thinking about putting in the Tremol-No for some drop D tuning, etc. Like the ability to be able to lock, use or go into dive mode only. My question is...does anybody know which model of the Tremol-No to use on the 2015 Tremonti US made signature model? It appears there is a clamp and pin type that work depending on the size of the holes for the tremolo springs. Wondering which style would be correct, and also opinions on anybody that's used them, and how the Tremol-No system works in general...thanks!

I have one new still in package that I Heuer installed. Not sure I will.
Obviously I can't say how well they work.

I'd wait until you've lived with it a little bit. I have one installed in my Brent Mason sig (and it was NOT easy!!!), but don't have one in my custom 24 - and found I don't miss one either.

I set up my Tremonti blocked, dive only. I go back and forth between Eb standard and drop Db. No problem, no complex mechanism.
Thanks all for your replies...I do think I'll live with it stock for a short time. I also thought about blocking the trem...really only need to dive. How did you block yours being that the block would have to be in front and not behind the tremolo block?

Thanks all for your replies...I do think I'll live with it stock for a short time. I also thought about blocking the trem...really only need to dive. How did you block yours being that the block would have to be in front and not behind the tremolo block?

I don't like a blocked trem. I like to use it to vibrato chords so it has to be floating. That's how I like it.

I'll have to upload a pic when I get a chance. I agree that I prefer floating, but if I'm going to change tunings, which I do regularly on my Tremonti, I have to give something up.

I had one on my CU24 and I liked it a lot. Really handy in down-only mode for tuning down. Great for locking the bridge when changing strings so you can get them stretched out without playing the balancing game.

Outside of the Tremol-No you can block for down-only by taking off the springs and fitting a wood block between the body and the neck side of the block. You could glue it in, or even use some good double sided tape to hold it in place.

I also definitely prefer the bridge floating, though. I like the vibrato on chords and I also do some upbends and generally bang the crap out of it.

I use a tremol-no on my custom 24. You want to g t the clamp type. Install wasn't that bad, you just have to adjust the screws until you don't feel it using the trem. Then lock down.

I had a tremol-no on my Private Stock. I removed it most of it a couple of weeks after I got it. The thumbs screws that lock down the tremolo slip no matter how hard they are tightened. The nasal tone that it added to the guitar when locked was most unwelcome as was the T-clamp that blocks a quick change of one of the strings. Based on my experience, I'd say don't do it. I bought an FU-Tone Trem Stopper to replace it. It is a simple adjustable brass angle that blocks the trem and doesn't block a string change.

Generally with the big brass block that comes on these you’ll want the large clamp type.

Made that mistake myself a couple of weeks ago and ordered the small clamp by mistake. It won’t fit the larger blocks, those are meant for strats and import stuff with the small tremolo blocks made of pot metal.

As far as the unit, I absolutely swear by them. I’ve got a thing for super strats but I hate floating trems! So, the tremol-no is a god send for me. I keep mine locked down at all times.

I have them on a few guitars. They were installed at the factory by the builder. I really like them on floating trems. They are easy to operate and work. You can set them to float, basically not engaged. You can engage it so that the trem will dive only. You can engage it so that the trem is locked so it won't budge.

Last edited:
Thanks all...got my Tremonti earlier this week and WOW...what a guitar!!! The 10 top is perfect in charcoal burst and the 10-52's I put on there really beef it up tuned 1/2 step down. After playing it countless hours already, I have decided to stick with the tremolo...it works so well and I can drop D pretty easily on the trem. Dunno why I didn't get one of these sooner...now my favorite!!!! Here's my new baby...same guitar, different lighting...crazy, huh? Gotta click on the links...won't allow me to add picture cuz of the 3 post rule...
20171125_093733.jpg

20171125_091108.jpg

Here she is...finally think it will work...
rmo8p5.jpg
same guitar, different lighting from overhead to all natural through window!
rmo8p5.jpg

2wg5api.jpg

3130kuo.jpg

Gorgeous guitar!
So you find that going to Drop D from E Standard is basically as it would be if it were a hardtail?

Gorgeous guitar!
So you find that going to Drop D from E Standard is basically as it would be if it were a hardtail?
A long time ago, I started with the Floyd tremolos on my old Ibanez and Kramers...I remember it being very difficult to drop D, having to adjust every other string over and over again. I was assuming it would be similar on the PRS trem...I have to say, I have a couple other PRS models, but those both have fixed bridges. Really wanted a tremolo on the Tremonti for obvious reasons...and it just drops to D (actually D flat, tuned 1/2 step down) much smoother. Not sure if the springs are stiffer on these or if it's the 52 on the bottom keeping a bit more tension than standard light, but I can drop D and only have to fiddle with a couple other strings to get almost perfectly in tune...took me about 15 seconds. Don't think it's in tune enough to play along with another guitar, but for just me, it's in tune enough for the average person to not notice. I guess I can live with it for drop D...if I want to go lower or other tunings, I always have my fixed bridges. After playing with the tremolo, I just can't see blocking it off with all that it provides...I miss the vibrato and whammy bar fun...didn't know how much until I started playing this one!!!

Hi All, long time PRS owner, new to the forum. Have a 2001 Custom 22 Artist and soon to arrive, a 2015 Tremonti Signature 10 Top.
My Custom 22 has the fixed bridge, stop tail...but my new Tremonti will have the tremolo. Was thinking about putting in the Tremol-No for some drop D tuning, etc. Like the ability to be able to lock, use or go into dive mode only. My question is...does anybody know which model of the Tremol-No to use on the 2015 Tremonti US made signature model? It appears there is a clamp and pin type that work depending on the size of the holes for the tremolo springs. Wondering which style would be correct, and also opinions on anybody that's used them, and how the Tremol-No system works in general...thanks!

Back