Travis and the Musical Theme Of The Day

Shawn@PRS

yogi
Travis, from our base coat team, has been creating a musical theme playlist a couple of times a week. He creates a play list and then blasts the songs through his sound system for everyone on his team to hear. He says the musical tastes of the group are pretty diverse, so he has to mix it up quite a bit. Today's theme is " '80's Wednesday". The play list runs the gamut from Kate Bush to Judas Priest and just about everything in between.

IMG_6628.jpg
IMG_6628.jpg
IMG_1718.JPG
'80's wednesday.jpg

That's a cool idea! A good way to expand everyone's knowledge, and break down some preconceived notions!

High school and college years, for me. I'll feel old with ya!
Yep, same here!

In the last 5 years or so I have started to revisit the music from the 1980s that I wasn't a huge fan of at the time: Tears For Fears and Depeche Mode, for example. I kinda liked the TFF hits, but never explored the albums. DM was a no-go for me, since I was a metal head (that really liked ELO as a guilty pleasure), and they were weird new-wave keyboard music. In rertospect, the 80s weren't the wasteland of good music as it is sometimes characterized. All decades have their crap, and they all have their hidden gems, and they all have their seemingly-temporary hits that could fade into obscurity that instead turn into long-term classics (TFF falls into that category, from my point of view).

IMHO, YMMV, AFAIK, AFAICT, I am not a doctor/lawyer and don't play one on TV, I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, side effects may include fatal death*, head of a golden retriever**, or disco.

*Anyone get that reference?
** or that one?

That's an eclectic mix. I hate all those 80's cover bands that only do Dire Straits, Bon Jovi, and the Outfield. If I gotta suffer through that there better be some DK, Mantronix, or OMD to look forward too.

Yep, same here!

In the last 5 years or so I have started to revisit the music from the 1980s that I wasn't a huge fan of at the time: Tears For Fears and Depeche Mode, for example. I kinda liked the TFF hits, but never explored the albums. DM was a no-go for me, since I was a metal head (that really liked ELO as a guilty pleasure), and they were weird new-wave keyboard music. In rertospect, the 80s weren't the wasteland of good music as it is sometimes characterized. All decades have their crap, and they all have their hidden gems, and they all have their seemingly-temporary hits that could fade into obscurity that instead turn into long-term classics (TFF falls into that category, from my point of view).

IMHO, YMMV, AFAIK, AFAICT, I am not a doctor/lawyer and don't play one on TV, I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, side effects may include fatal death*, head of a golden retriever**, or disco.

*Anyone get that reference?
** or that one?

I loved Depeche Mode, still do. But nothing is as great as disco.

Scary how much of that music I own - but great list! Travis sounds like a great dude to work with.

Nobody likes winger besides you, Howie.

Howie, I'm with ya on the Winger band wagon. I tried to talk Sergio into seeing them at a little 800 seater with Firehouse opening. No dice. I even volunteered to where my spandex pants and wrestling shoes. Still couldn't get him to commit.

Howie, I'm with ya on the Winger band wagon. I tried to talk Sergio into seeing them at a little 800 seater with Firehouse opening. No dice. I even volunteered to where my spandex pants and wrestling shoes. Still couldn't get him to commit.

Well you certainly put your best cheek, er, foot forward...

Actually, I was trying to be funny. While I DO like Winger, and love some of their songs, they seem to get bashed a lot. Didn’t know Sergio was “that” anti-Winger though. So....

What? No Stryper???

Well you certainly put your best cheek, er, foot forward...

Actually, I was trying to be funny. While I DO like Winger, and love some of their songs, they seem to get bashed a lot. Didn’t know Sergio was “that” anti-Winger though. So....

What? No Stryper???

Actually, we laughed when we saw the promo for that show while waiting for Morris Day to take the stage. I'm with ya though, they do have a few good songs, and they are monster musicians. I mean, c'mon, Rod was in the Dixie Dregs!

Stryper....I did have their first album, but, no....SLAYER \m/

You guys can read that? Can I get a better shot of that playlist? I can't read that.

Last edited:
Back