Trade info wanted from the experts

Ryan P

Hey all. I'm pretty new to PRS guitars so i'm looking for a more informed opinion. I have a 2004 Custom 22 with Artist package (Gold hardware, adjustable stoptail). I've always wanted a singlecut and a trade has presented itself across the country for a 2007 Singlecut Trem with rosewood neck and 10 top. I realize value is subjective, but is this a fair trade value wise?
gEGUAni.jpg
z3Xutjd.jpg

Maybe ask for detailed pics of trem to make sure it's level and pics of fulcrum screws to make sure they're even.

You could have some expenses involved getting trem up to snuff if it's not.

Thats a tough one - I had a SCT with a rosewood neck it was ( is ) a great guitar ( Howard Leese has it now )
Your CU22 is a killer looking guitar.
I think I would do the trade just for the trem and rosewood neck but could be happy with either guitar

I would do it. I'm not really a trem guy, but am a rosewood neck addict. So IMO you're getting the better deal, although both guitars look killer.

Thanks all! Should be here tomorrow. I'm hoping I made the right choice. I loved the C22. The SCT has Dragon 2's and I just couldn't jive with them in my C22 after years of trying. No worries there though, as i have a few Gibson 57 Classic +'s, WCR's and i think a Wolfetone. I'm thinking an Alnico V will go well to balance the rosewood neck. Fun times!

Last edited:
Hey all. I'm pretty new to PRS guitars so i'm looking for a more informed opinion. I have a 2004 Custom 22 with Artist package (Gold hardware, adjustable stoptail). I've always wanted a singlecut and a trade has presented itself across the country for a 2007 Singlecut Trem with rosewood neck and 10 top. I realize value is subjective, but is this a fair trade value wise?
gEGUAni.jpg
z3Xutjd.jpg
I like the stop tail peice and the color of your guitar.

That Chevron type grain on the SC top is awesome.

But I would've kept the blue. I like blue.

Back