Thoughts on the Zach Myers Signature SE

I have one too. Like others a new nut, tuners and mCcarty's Pups.
The fat neck reminds me of a 1995 Wide Fat CE22 I had.
Only slight cons that I would change is that the frets were bigger, and that it felt a little better on a strap, but it really is fast.
Sounds good and has it's own really smooth feel.

Well got the ZM today. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. Sent my brother to pick it up. I'm not much caring for the odd grain in the middle but if it plays and sounds good I don't care.

prs1.jpg
Congrats on getting the ZM. Love the Trampas Green on those! Yeah, I would agree that the streak on yours is not quite the "average sample", but if it plays and sounds magic, I'd say to definitely keep it!

I've played a couple of ZMs by now and yes, I will eventually buy one, maybe soon. However, one thing I have real concerns about, something that has actually put my search on relative hold, is the alleged lack of any kind of *well*-fitting hard shell case (and that's been the topic of many threads and across various forums, too).

So my questions to you are:
1). What model case did you find here?
2). And how well do you think it fits? (From here, I'm noticing that the headstock is way closer to the case itself on one side, but really far from it on the other side. But then the body itself looks pretty happy. Is something a bit off somehow? Hmm...)

The only thing that bugs me about them is that the tops are more miss than hit for uniformity. Cosmetic, but if you didn't care about it, you'd get a painted top.

Does anyone know of a hardshell case that would be a great fit for the ZM? Thx.
rondomusic.com EGC-200LP black. (used to have a "tweed" color that the Trampas green looks awesome in) I found this out by accident as I had this case laying around. The Zach Myers fits perfectly. Plus the case is light but protective.

rondomusic.com EGC-200LP black. (used to have a "tweed" color that the Trampas green looks awesome in) I found this out by accident as I had this case laying around. The Zach Myers fits perfectly. Plus the case is light but protective.
Thanks for the tip!

In my current playing rotation through a Marshall DSL40c with a Thiele cab underneath, I have a SG with P90s, SG with Classic/Classic+ and the ZM with the 245SE pups. I keep grabbing the ZM off the wall because I can go anywhere between an aggressive snarl (fat-to-thin) and a pleasant chime/ring. I'm after hard rock/classic rock sounds with the occasional chick ballad thrown in for good measure. Compared to the SGs, the ZM thick neck is strange for a few chords, but after a few minutes it feels pretty doggone good.

a new nut, tuners and mCcarty's Pups.

Just curious, I'm always search for perfection. What didn't you like about the 245 pups?

I love my ZM, its the sunburst finish .
beautiful guitar and plays like something far more expensive.

I have one plus a few other core models and a couple Gibson . I have to say the ZM plays as good as any. right out of the #@$%&*^ Box.
tomorrow I will see Paul, R. Smith at Sam Ash at 8:00. Cleveland.. Probably will be a lot of doctors and lawyers there.Just KIdding.

I have one too. Like others a new nut, tuners and mCcarty's Pups.
The fat neck reminds me of a 1995 Wide Fat CE22 I had.
Only slight cons that I would change is that the frets were bigger, and that it felt a little better on a strap, but it really is fast.
Sounds good and has it's own really smooth feel.
please practice drawing after your guitar lessons tonight.

I hate to keep flapping my jaws about the Zach Myers . but in my area the SE ZM holds its value...
sadly any other SE is similar to buying a car.

Best value in the guitar market.

Listen to THIS guy!!!!

I love the specs on the ZM. Everything just 'fits' for me.

Imagine my bliss when my desire for a black one was satisfied when an online store advertised an 'exclusive' version in flat black, for 2017.

Guess who has one coming next week?!?!?!?!? :)

The bridge stays, as-is. I already have a Core nut, standing by.

All I need is a set of Mann locking tuners and some BK pups, and I'm squared away!

Last edited:
Listen to THIS guy!!!!

I love the specs on the ZM. Ecerything just 'fits' for me.

Imagine my bliss when my desire for a black one was satisfied when an online store advertised an 'exclusive' version in flat black, for 2017.

Guess who has one coming next week?!?!?!?!? :)

Nice!

I'd say they do hold their value. A few weeks ago I traded my sunburst ZM (with nickel covers on the pups and new nut) for a MIM Fender Classic 60s strat at my local shop. Dead even trade too. Since I got my DGT, the ZM never got played. I saw the "glamour shots" of my former ZM on their website last night and got a little sad, it looked amazing.

Back