Thoughts on 2 Channel C Amp

Swashbuckler

Looking into buying a used PRS C amp and wanted to know if anyone has experience with this amp. Looking for pros and cons. Not many videos on internet. Amp isn't local for me to try out. Have played the H but that was a few years ago. Thanks for any info.

If you like thick, compressed distortion - it's an excellent choice. The clean channel isn't as full as the Archon but it is very usable. It dirties up nicely when cranked. I put a pair of RFT EL34s in mine. Combined with an assortment of NOS pres - it's an awesome high gain amp. The reverb is quite usable - not Fendery but a nice touch on those passages needing a little ambiance.

My Archon is similar, just more of that Sewell goodness.

I had one for a while. It was a well built nice amp. The cleans were very good for me. My issue was I wanted it to sound more like a Marshall than it did. Again, no fault of the amp I just wanted a different tone.

I have a 2 channel H. I have owned Marshalls, Star, Bad Cat This can get the best of all combined!
getPart

I have one of the first C's and LOVE IT! The clean is really clean and dirt is very classicy.

Back