Thinking of Buying a 594

Orange Tiger

Hi,

It's been a while since I last posted, but I wonder what opinions are on the 594. I'm looking at a 594 in Fire Red Burst and need some persuasion to do it.....or not!

I like the idea of being able to tap the coils and like the thicker body compared to my old Custom 22. Has anyone got any useful input on this guitar? Particularly keen to hear from people who have passed through the honeymoon period.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

It's been a while since I last posted, but I wonder what opinions are on the 594. I'm looking at a 594 in Fire Red Burst and need some persuasion to do it.....or not!

I like the idea of being able to tap the coils and like the thicker body compared to my old Custom 22. Has anyone got any useful input on this guitar? Particularly keen to hear from people who have passed through the honeymoon period.

Thanks in advance!
As the owner of several 594s in different iterations, JUST DO IT! You won't regret it! The sound obviously varies based on composition, but that magical FEEL never changes.

Kevin

I bought a 594 Wood Library last year. Absolutely wonderful guitar in every regard. I can't compare it to other PRS because it's the only one I've owned. All I can say is I've been very happy with it and generally don't hold back on criticism. It's just my opinion and whether or not you find it useful is up to you.

Go play one and see how you like it :)

Go on... might as well JUMP........

I did! WL Artist...
25398409_10210769778504579_4664433790297007181_o.jpg

Go on... might as well JUMP........

I did! WL Artist...
Going COMPLETELY off on a tangent, how is a guitar both a Wood Library and Artist Package?
I thought a Wood Library run was where the specific woods and appointments are selected by a dealer for a certain run number of guitars, whereas an Artist Package is one where the customer simply selects flame or quilt, and then chooses appointments from the specific Artist Package list.

I'm just not sure how it can be both?? Basically, a Wood library can certainly have anything an AP can have, probably and then some.

Kevin

Going COMPLETELY off on a tangent, how is a guitar both a Wood Library and Artist Package?
I thought a Wood Library run was where the specific woods and appointments are selected by a dealer for a certain run number of guitars, whereas an Artist Package is one where the customer simply selects flame or quilt, and then chooses appointments from the specific Artist Package list.

I'm just not sure how it can be both?? Basically, a Wood library can certainly have anything an AP can have, probably and then some.

Kevin

I think sometimes they list a WL as a WL w/Artist Grade woods. Plus, you can get the AP case on a WL, if the deal specs it that way. But, if it's a run, it's WL. If it's a single, it is an AP.

I think sometimes they list a WL as a WL w/Artist Grade woods. Plus, you can get the AP case on a WL, if the deal specs it that way. But, if it's a run, it's WL. If it's a single, it is an AP.
OK. So I think I am seeing it correctly. Bottom line is that it is a Wood Library guitar. The dealer chose the woods, from amongst AP and 10 tops and probably others, and then could choose a special case, if they'd like. More specialization than just speccing an AP.

Thanks!
Kevin

Kevin

Artist and "10" tops are the grade.

The Wood Library is that special wood storage place where all the Magical Elven Wood is kept... o_O:eek::D

Wood Library can be 10 or Artist or neither. It just means that it is a small dealer spec'd run pulled from the secret wood stash. Brian's Guitars used the Wood Library program to do some custom solid color tops.

Anyway, I've had my 594 a year and a half now and it is still amazing. Important to know that it does its own thing, which is to be a killer vintage-y double bucker four knob guitar. As a bonus, the coil splits are super useful as well. I also have a Custom 22 for more modern tones and whammy bar abuse. Neither guitar is going anywhere any time soon.

As an example, my WL 594 has Korina back and neck, Artist grade quilt top, Cocobolo fretboard wood (and headstock veneer).
Not woods you'd find on your everyday stock 594. Moore Music, much like Brian's, Wild West, etc. tend to get some really good WL runs!

Hi,

Thanks in advance!
Had mine nearly a year and love it. However, for me, it’s the neck that puts it over the top. If I wasn’t mad for the neck profile, I’d probably be more keen on other prs. I’m having a PS built based on the 594 but semi hollow and different pickups and electronics

As an example, my WL 594 has Korina back and neck, Artist grade quilt top, Cocobolo fretboard wood (and headstock veneer).
Not woods you'd find on your everyday stock 594. Moore Music, much like Brian's, Wild West, etc. tend to get some really good WL runs!

Yep! Mine's artist grade maple on mahogany with EIRW neck, MoP birds and Coco board. DFD @ WWG = my hero.

Spoiler alert for @Orange Tiger : the honeymoon phase does not end... rather, it transforms into a strong desire for at least two more 594s. At least in my case. YMMV. ;)

Tidbits:

I've been able to get more versatile split tones out of this thing than I'd have ever imagined. Love the controls. I'm still running stock 58/15LTs, but I will likely go 57/08 (N) + 59/09 (B) at this point just for a little more color.

Pattern vintage is a purely awesome neck carve. Most players really seem to dig it but some occasionally don't gel with the asymmetry. If this is a concern for you, definitely try to arrange a demo first.

I am thinking the Wood Library PLUS AP moniker was just a bit superfluous. I just thought Wood Library was good to cover all of those special dealer series.

Kevin

Back