The White Westie. How would you finish it? (AKA Sergio's Cloudzilla)

And, I'd make the trek north for a baby shower. Just sayin'.

The baby shower is actually going on right now. I've been instructed to show up for the last hour to say hello/thanks and load up the loot (no doubt after all the food is gone) from some fancy-pants restaurant where all the womens are gathering. I have no idea why it's a segregated affair especially since we're supposed to be breaking down gender barriers and all that... The matriarchy is already shutting us down man! :p

My dudes,

This guitar has been hitting me in the most unspeakable of ways with regards to GAS. The past months of PSF where I have been spying it in the background have been a mixture of pure elation and torture. Like a well rehearsed striptease, each picture reveals the f@ckin' sweetest guitar PRS may well have ever produced.

First there was a glimpse of a white headstock amongst the racks of freshly dried Private Stocks with nary a hint of neck being shown. Then there was an outta focus shot of a Santana shaped blob indicating that it was in fact an electric but, so what? Carlos has a white guitar, could it just be his in for touch ups?

A few more weeks go by, a glimpse of the rear shows it's solidly opaque. Hunter senses my enthusiasm and pulls back for a week, and then unleashes a solo photo of a headstock with the little EXP/West St. eagle and confirms the existence of a Great White West St. LTD.

Would it be like the one-off Antigua Westy with hollow birds that was up for sale? That one was GAS inducing but I was able to calm myself down after awhile with some good ole fashioned rational thinking.

Then the bomb drops. Hunter posts the aforelinked (new word) photograph. "Holy sh!t it's got Old School Birds and a 'Lil Dragon!!!!!!" I flip the f@ck out and start pacing around the house like I'm an '86 Corvette at the Indianapolis Speedway under a yellow flag. I place my wallet in the microwave and hit the button marked with a baked potato reminding myself that there's my first baby coming in like, seven weeks.

I relaxed a bit and told myself that it'd be a minute before it was completed and even then, it might not immediately sell because "Who wants an opaque West St? The model is for a specific and relatively small group of folks out there who don't want maple tops and can deal with a 24.5" scale and want 24 frets (which leaves out a big portion of the "vintage" dudes). "Maybe it'll get reduced and wind up at Dave's like those Brazilian Mac's?" I say to myself "Just be chill and keep a lower-ish profile, you can call Hansomatic or maybe veinbuster but be chill."

... annnd
then Bill starts this thread alerting y'all and every Japanese store to my (second) unborn baby. o_O:(:eek: :p

Ahh well, such is life and it's only a guitar (albeit the most Bangin'! award winning guitar evar! ). If it must be finished and subsequently bought (by somebody other than me) here's how it should (although I reserve the right to change it after I buy it from one of yous) be done:

Just clear-coat that sucker, don't mess with it. It's white and it has a certain historical precedence being that it's similar to a white pre-factory that's out there.

Hybrid winged tuners (mixed from a sets of gold and nickel) with bone buttons

Mann Made trem (nickel/chrome) with Mann Made 1980 spec. saddles (un-plated) with a gold arm.

59/09 bridge (covered/hybrid) and 53/10 neck (covered/hybrid)

Clear/black lampshades and white pup rings.

*Note: When I get it, it'll get an old Singlecoil Bass in the neck and a DeepDish in the bridge, the tone knob will be yanked and replaced with a on/off mini toggle and I'll wire it up to an old wafer rotary I've been saving for a rainy day.

The baby shower is actually going on right now.
Umm, you don't seem to understand how guys have a "baby shower". Otherwise you'd know that we would be there with Scotch, Prosecco, guitars, and amps. But if you'd prefer to be relegated to doilies and baby clothes and only girlie drinks, fine. :rolleyes:

:p:D

Does that MODCAT sticker say "natural blended" for a color?

Last edited:
and Hybrid winged tuners (mixed from a sets of gold and nickel) with bone buttons

Mann Made trem (nickel/chrome) with Mann Made 1980 spec. saddles (un-plated) with a gold arm.

59/09 bridge (covered/hybrid) and 53/10 neck (covered/hybrid)

Clear/black lampshades and white pup rings.

Uncover the dragon. Clear coat it as is.
Winged tuners!

Back