The White Westie. How would you finish it? (AKA Sergio's Cloudzilla)

There's a ME II set on Reverb as we speak. I'm hemming and hawing over them... Not sure if I wanna drop $400 on a neck pickup just based on someone else's guitar... but if I wait...

Good call on the Mira's. They're fairly inexpensive used and way overlooked for some reason. The one that was in my KL has killed it in every guitar it has been in until it settled into the Gucci guitar. I wonder if I should grab another and put a cover on it? Or perhaps just buy a 245? Those don't get much love either.
I wouldn't drop the $400 if I could get the answer using borrowed pups and then once I knew I could find a set. They come up often enough. And I got my one RP for $100.

As to your comment about the Mira's and SC245's, I dropped SC245's into my Mira just to get the covers. I like the change. That is why I have a set of Mira's available now.

Little dude is stuck lookin' at me play guitar all day, it's one of the overlooked bonuses of being a housewife. I don't get uninterrupted play time but there's plenty of 5-10 mins here and there, and lil' dude is all over it. He just stares at me and stops what he's doing when I pick one up. It's rad.

Lucky you...mine just say "no guitar " whenever I start playing. I knew I wasn't good, but didn't think I was this bad.

Another update:

I had been having issues with the neck pickup in this guitar. The 53/10 that I had thought I wanted was just so... wrong for this guitar. So big and so dark, not at all what I had expected. I had tried to wire it permanently split to a single and it still remained pretty unusable for me.

I had been at Rider's house a few weeks prior, and finally wasn't too scared to play his ME for more than a second, and fell in love with the neck pickup tone (both full and split). So I left there lookin' for the closest I could get to that sound which led me to lookin' for a 57/08. Well... that search wound up with me accidentally buying a Mira, and though I thought I was gonna yank the pickups.. Sh!t... I'm learning to know better than to mess with a magic-soundin' guitar, so that meant I was back to lookin' for another 57/08.

I found an old one, brushed, un-etched, and with the old sticker that spells out 1957/2008 on TGP for a nice price and waited for it to arrive. I slap it in there and wire it up... Better. Much better. The darkness and unevenness was gone but... still not quite the same magic as the ones in the Mira. I don't know.. I know it's a different guitar but, there's something missing from this particular pickup.

I've heard stories, and have experienced first-hand how there are discrepancies in some of the 57/08's. Some are spectacular and some are just.. still good pickups but, they're missing the "airiness" and "glassy" "halo" around the notes... Hard to describe but, if you know, you know what I'm saying. I've messed with the height and the pole pieces for a week or so, and think I have it the best it's gonna get so... I don't know. I think I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for another one at some point.

But still... I'm in love with the guitar and it's way more Bangin'! now. I'm just on that last 10% tip of the search if you catch my drift.

But! The real cool sh!t was this:

My lil' dude Paco started to kinda crawl/scoot this past Sunday. He's now all over the place and I can't take my eyes off him for a sec. His mommy comes home yesterday and is keeping an eye on him and yells to me to come here and check him out... I swear, there was zero. None. No prompting or fake-@ss trickery involved. Paco Just crawled over from his play mat, about two feet away, and grabbed this. The first one he was interested in:

Dude knows. I had this moment:

God Bless Serge.

Nothing to say but "Like father Like son"

Great picture, Serge. Once they get mobile, everything is fair game. And you don't know what's worse, hearing them getting into something or not hearing it.

When my son was little, my wife said she realized she couldn't hear him, so she got up to see where he had wandered to. She found him in our bedroom with a screwdriver taking the door off the hinge (only the bottom one - he hadn't figured out ladders yet).

Moral of the story? Don't sweat that neck pickup - Paco's gonna take care of it for you in a few months!

There are a few milestones in a young child's life. First is learning to crawl, then it's learning to walk. When they learn how to use a doorknob to open a door, that's a huge game changer for them and when they learn how to swing themselves on the swing set, that's a game changer for Dad!

I just had to teach my oldest, Henry - 13 years old, how to shave. He was getting that John Waters mustache.

It's all happening too fast.

I don't have it available, and no scanner but we have a print of our son when he was a few months old sitting next to my brand new Stratocaster. Fourteen years later he is showing me how to play it. Now he is in his thirties and he just leaves me alone to do my own thing!

Another update:

I had been having issues with the neck pickup in this guitar. The 53/10 that I had thought I wanted was just so... wrong for this guitar. So big and so dark, not at all what I had expected. I had tried to wire it permanently split to a single and it still remained pretty unusable for me.

I had been at Rider's house a few weeks prior, and finally wasn't too scared to play his ME for more than a second, and fell in love with the neck pickup tone (both full and split). So I left there lookin' for the closest I could get to that sound which led me to lookin' for a 57/08. Well... that search wound up with me accidentally buying a Mira, and though I thought I was gonna yank the pickups.. Sh!t... I'm learning to know better than to mess with a magic-soundin' guitar, so that meant I was back to lookin' for another 57/08.

I found an old one, brushed, un-etched, and with the old sticker that spells out 1957/2008 on TGP for a nice price and waited for it to arrive. I slap it in there and wire it up... Better. Much better. The darkness and unevenness was gone but... still not quite the same magic as the ones in the Mira. I don't know.. I know it's a different guitar but, there's something missing from this particular pickup.

I've heard stories, and have experienced first-hand how there are discrepancies in some of the 57/08's. Some are spectacular and some are just.. still good pickups but, they're missing the "airiness" and "glassy" "halo" around the notes... Hard to describe but, if you know, you know what I'm saying. I've messed with the height and the pole pieces for a week or so, and think I have it the best it's gonna get so... I don't know. I think I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for another one at some point.

But still... I'm in love with the guitar and it's way more Bangin'! now. I'm just on that last 10% tip of the search if you catch my drift.

But! The real cool sh!t was this:

My lil' dude Paco started to kinda crawl/scoot this past Sunday. He's now all over the place and I can't take my eyes off him for a sec. His mommy comes home yesterday and is keeping an eye on him and yells to me to come here and check him out... I swear, there was zero. None. No prompting or fake-@ss trickery involved. Paco Just crawled over from his play mat, about two feet away, and grabbed this. The first one he was interested in:

Dude knows. I had this moment:

That might be the coolest pic ever!

Back