The Waiting Room

I didn't see a thread for this when I searched the forum, so my apologies if this is a duplicate effort.

Do you have a guitar on order or in transit to you and need some moral support to guide you through these anxious times? Seller pics or builds in progress pics you want to share like proud parents showing off their babies? Strong opinions on the right amount of time for your new guitar to acclimate before opening the box or case after it's been delivered? War stories of how you once waited 10 years for your PS build and how kids these days don't understand that waiting builds character?

Then this is the place for you. Bring your stories, specs, and/or pics and pull up a seat. We're going to be here for a while.

I have a McCarty 594 in a northern lights finish on its way that I've had my eye on since December, but didn't actually make the leap to buy it until last week. Luckily, it's not snowing here anymore, so I'm crossing my fingers for an on-time delivery. My family is sick of hearing me talk about it, but I've got few sympathetic ears (eyeballs?) on here that understand the excitement.

I’ve got a guitar showing up today or tomorrow if that counts?

I’m playing it cool though, and not even checking tracking.

I’ve got a guitar showing up today or tomorrow if that counts?

I’m playing it cool though, and not even checking tracking.

He drove past earlier this afternoon. Didn't bother stopping. It's current status is "Delivery Attempt Failed:"

I haven't listened to those old Fugazi records in sooooo looonnnnnggggg.... I'm 40 and remember listening to them on infinite repeat on my cassette walkman on the bus to school in 9th grade. My brother would dub me copies off his CDs.

I haven't listened to those old Fugazi records in sooooo looonnnnnggggg.... I'm 40 and remember listening to them on infinite repeat on my cassette walkman on the bus to school in 9th grade. My brother would dub me copies off his CDs.

I haven't either! I saw the thread title and it immediately made me think of them. They were my first "big" hardcore/punk rock concert when Repeater came out. Didn't know anything about them besides it was Ian's new band.

I haven't either! I saw the thread title and it immediately made me think of them. They were my first "big" hardcore/punk rock concert when Repeater came out. Didn't know anything about them besides it was Ian's new band.

I still don't know anything about them.......

Oh hell yeah. I like this thread idea. I don’t have anything I’m waiting for but I dig.

All I can do is wait for you.

I'm waiting until my finances are in better order and to allow sufficient time for my wife to not be too terribly annoyed by me buying something.

Not currently waiting for a guitar, but waiting on a guitar related iPad and a reverb pedal. I had been drooling over PRS for about 5 years before being able to buy one. I ended up buying a CE24 on eBay in the wee hours of the morning, then the wait started. Staring at the pictures, reviewing specs and info, staring at the pictures, watching the tracking info as it inched towards me... Then the day finally came, it was delivered while I was out at work. I was super excited to get home and try it, but my mother and gf/now wife decided it would be fun to make me do a scavenger hunt to find clues to where they stashed the guitar. They thought it was great, but it was AGONIZING for me! That was an awesome guitar, it was my favorite for almost a year, until I bought another PRS!

Back