The UpChuck Pickup mod! PTC Swamp Ash Special Narrowfield Super Conversion

What do you think of my SAS Conversion by the PTC Team.

• Total voters
image11_zps1w5eymgt.jpg

Ok. I need more cowbell.

Great room! I'm especially digging the maroon Festivus Pole! :)

That pole is what I use to practice dancing with.....I buy all my guitars with single dollar bills. :D
Plus , it's really great cardio.

Not that I'd know anything about that. Or do I? Naw, I don't. Then maybe again...who knows? I know. Maybe I read it somewhere.

How does it sound?
With all those magnets, you could hang your guitar to the refrigerator!!!!

I had a Studio, and the mahogany body/neck along with the rosewood board, didn't give me the same tone as the Swamp Ash/maple combination. It wasn't bad, it's just that I had similar sounds with my CU24s (minus the narrowfields) .
I like the Swamp Ash/Maple combination so much that as soon as I saw the Experience CU24 Swamp Ash/Maple, I had to get one. Those are rare as they only made 30.

Haha, well that was a photoshop I did back in 2010 when the Narrowfield McCarty was introduced. Back in the Birds and Moons days. Someone commented how much space there was with only 2 narrowfields and wondered how many you could fit under there. I didn't think about making one ginormous pickup ring though, you might be able to fit a 6th one.

Ok. I will get to one by Christmas......LOL. Trust me, after you see me play, you'll regret wanting a video!!!

Thanks guys. You have to hear how good this sounds. The rear pickup is full of harmonics. When I go from 2 coils, to all four (in series), it is like you kicked a preamp on. It really does sound good. Ask Matt at PRS customer service for his opinion.

There was this other cool one they did this one time. :D

McCartyNF_450x600.jpg

Yours has the cool one-off pickup ring though.

These are amazing.

Soon we'll be in Nigel Tufnel 'Mr. Horsepower' territory. Bet you could do even more than his bc narrowfields are smaller.

nigeltufnel-jpg.365315

John Mayer came over my house and said that my guitar was the best ever, minus the Les Paul in Spinal Tap. LOL !!!!!

Back